8

Sales Clerk: It's been too long, Mr. Park!

The patron party following the new product development announcement is only a few days away. Jimin has bought me to a designer boutique in the city.

Sales Clerk: What are you looking for today?

Jimin: A gown for here. By the way... I haven't seen you around here before.

Sales Clerk: Oh... I just moved to this branch last month. It's nice to meet you.

Jimin: ...

I'm quitely listening in on Jimin's conversation when the sales associate breaks out into a smile.

Sales Clerk: Ok, a gown.. If it's for the lady you've bought with you, I think this style would look amazing on her. It's very 'in' this season. It's haute couture. We could tailor it to fit her like glove.

Jimin: ...

Sales Clerk: ...

Me: I'm sorry. That dress is stunning but... We don't have much time until the party. Something ready-to-wear would be more practical.

Sales Clerk: I'm so sorry. My mistake. Please, have a look over there.

Me: Thank you. I'd love to.

Sales Clerk: Take your time.

Jimin has a bad habit of saying nothing but the bare minimum. He's so unfriendly.

Sales Clerk: ...

Me: ...yes?

I turn around to face the sales associate, who's still watching me from behind. When I make eye contact with her, she quickly bows.

Sales Clerk: I can help you find jewelry and accessories to go with you gown too. Just let me know if you need any help.

The woman leaves quickly, and watching her go out of the corner of my eye, I let out a mental sigh of relief. Meanwhile, Jimin is casually checking out the dresses. I couldn't believe my ears when he said he was going to come dress shopping with me, but... At the end of the day, Jimin is just here with me. I'm still the one who will be choosing the dress. The reason he came with me is simple.

Sales Clerk:...

This my be why. It's like I'm under surveillance. The sales associate isn't being this attentive simply because Jimin is famous. I think back to last night.

*flashback*

Jimin: I'll go shopping with you. Clear your schedule for tomorrow afternoon.

Me: You really don't have to come with me.

Jimin: Don't be hardheaded. It's precisely because I do have to go with you that I suggested it.

Seriously??

Me: Do you think people will be watching us even outside of your office?

Jimin: I thought I told you. Daniel is sharp. It's going to be difficult to dispel his suspicious.

*End of flashback*

That means.. He's here because we have to play the part of a happy couple going to dress shopping together.

Sales Clerk: ...

We can't do anything to make her suspect otherwise. And I'm going to have to choose a dress according to Jimin's tastes. You've got this, Y/n. More determined to succeed than ever, I take a look around the glamorous store. Jimin loves simplicity and detests anything superfluous. I should go with a more minimalistic dress. I'm going to be standing next to Jimin, so cool colors would work. Hmm..