forty

kayden | emma

∞♡∞

Friday, 11:23 pm

calling : emma 

-

"Hello?"

"E-Emma, do you mind coming up for a few minutes."

"Why? Are you okay?"

"No, not really. My head hurts really bad."

"Stay put, fucking Narnia will be there in two seconds."

"Your sense of humor makes me want to slam my head against a wall."

CALL ENDED

-

Emma got out of her comfortable and fluffy bed and ran upstairs, to Kayden's secret apartment. The apartment was dark and no one seemed to be there. Without wasting a second, Emma ran up the stairs, going straight to his room.

Kayden was under his covers, sweat crawling down his face and back. The moment he heard Emma ran into his room, he peeked out of the cover.

"God, Kayden, are you okay? Why are you sweating?" Emma asks frantically as she presses the back of her hand against his forehead.

"I'm not sick. The thunderstorm frightens me. Landon usually comes to my room and stay with me until I fall asleep. Can you do that tonight?"

"Uh, sure since you're so blunt about it."

Kayden scoots over on his bed, making room for Emma. She slipped under the covers beside him.

"Why are you scared of a thunderstorm?"

"..."

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me."

Emma looked down at him. His eyes were squeezed shut as more sweat streamed down his face. 

"You're sweating a lot. Let me go get a wet cloth." Emma started to get up, but Kayden grasps onto her wrist. 

"Don't." He mutter. "Don't leave me."

Her heart skipped a beat at his words as a blush crept onto her face. Kayden moved closer to her body, wrapping his arms around her before resting his head in the crook of her neck. The heat and electricity shooting up against her arms and spreading throughout her body made her blush even more.

"Tell me a story. Sing me a song. Talk Hindi. Anything."

"I don't know how to speak Hindi genius."

"Now is not the time to establish something we already know." 

Emma rolled her eyes at his narcissism."Let's talk. Will that get your mind off of the storm?"

"Landon usually ignores me."

A small smile rested upon her lips. 

"Well, I'm not Landon so I will annoy the shit out of you. Hm, tell me about your past girlfriends."

"There was one named Helen. I used to call her High Maintenance Helen."

"Sounds pretty bad."

"It was. We dated for two hours before I dumped her outside of her house. Tell me about your past boyfriend."

"My past boyfriend? I have never been in a relationship before."

"Hashtag sad life."

"Whatever. Just go to sleep."

"I don't feel like going to sleep."

"I'm tired."

"Then go to sleep."

"I'm not sleeping with you."

"You kinda are right now. . . Do you think I should try out for football? I think swim sounds pretty good too. Anyways, do you want to know the reason why I'm scared of thunderstorms? Emma?"

"Hmmm."

"How do one sleep so fast?"

". . ."

-

[ author's sad note ]

when you tried to make this chapter sound casual, smooth and romantic but fails.