fifty-two

Kayden's heart weighed him down as he points to the warehouse that Emma was being held captive in. 

Before the policemen could make it all the way to the building, it had already exploded.

"EMMA IS STILL IN THERE!" Ivory cries out.

Kayden was speechless before a pounding headache hit him. "Emma." He murmurs as he looks at the grass. "Emma." He murmurs again before looking at the building directly.

He choked back a sob when he finally registers everything. He fell to his knees, Landon and Ivory both at his side. The policemen were dazed and confused.

That was when a figure charged out of the warehouse at full speed and skid to a stop right into a police officer's arms.

"They e-escaped through the back." She coughs out.

The policemen nod at her before taking off around the warehouse. She let out a sigh of relief before collapsing to the ground.

"Emma, you're alright!" Kayden says frantically as he crawled closer to her. 

She glares at him before moving away. "Much to your dismay and disappointment." She snaps. "You asshole left me in there after you used me like I was some sort of a fucking tissue paper."

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. The only way he wouldn't have hurt you was saying I don't care about you. The only reason why you're here is that I fucking care about you."

"He tried to fucking take advantage of me, you bloody idiot. Fuck you Kayden." She yells at him whilst a cold demeanor hung on her face. She got up wearily and dust the dirt away from her pants.

"Emma, I didn't mean it." Kayden says once again.

"I'm tired Kayden. I really am. Maybe. . . maybe I'm just not ready to be in a relationship. We're better off as friends. Strangers." Emma says with her back turns to Kayden. A tear rolled down her cheeks. 

She didn't show how much it hurts inside. Her numbness. Her heartbreak. 

She was a wreck.

And then she opened Google Maps and tried finding her way home. 

Turns out, this place wasn't too far away from the bus station to her house.

"I'll be there tonight to get my stuff and leave." He said.

She didn't stop to glance back but gave a small wave with her hand.

_____

author's note:

gah, i'm so tired. i'm taking swim classes, piano classes, chinese classes, art classes as extra out of school classes and i'm just so beat up, i'm ready to pass out.

so please enjoy another shit chapter because my arms are sore and my eyes are droopy. 

thank you for leaving and i love you guys. the support is truly appreciated. it makes me feel so happy knowing that at least there are people who like my book. 

goodnight/goodmorning/goodafternoon depending on where you ar