fifty-nine

"All finished?" He asks as he watch me finish the last French fry.

I nod my head with a smiling etch across my face.

"I can drive. You can rest." I offer.

"No, it's fine." He said as he starts to hit the road again.

Silence and awkwardness resurface again.

"What happen? To us?" I mutter with my eyes close.

"I fucked up." He replies, his grip on the steering wheel tightening.

"Stop the car." I said.

He looks at me, confused, but did what I ask. I unbuckle my seatbelt and turn my body to face him.

"I wasn't mad about you leaving me back there, well, maybe I kinda was, but what hurt me was what you said. It really hurt my feelings . . . I get it that you prioritized Ivory and Landon and I'm not mad you for that. I'm just- oh lord, I'm rambling." I say as I let out a groan.

"You must've been really upset when I said those words to you but I didn't mean any of it. I-I thought I could've protected you while I was protecting my brother and sister at the same time. I didn't intend you to go through of that. I felt like complete shit after leaving you in..."

By then, tears were ready to spill from my eyes.

A tear slip and that caught him off guard.

"Hey, baby, don't cry." He murmurs as he place both hands on my cheeks, and using his fingers to wipe my tears away.

"I fucked up. We both did. I should've listened to your explanation.. god, I've missed you so fucking much these past few months." I sob out.

"Emma. I love you." He says suddenly.

"Huh?" I breathe out in disbelief while more tears pour out.

"I love you. I love everything about you even though we've met for such a little time. What do they call that? Love at first sight?" His eyes glitter with held back tears as he crack smile.

I smile through my sobs as I collide my lips with his. "I love you too." I say against his lips.

"I called it!" Ivory's voice says, interrupting our kiss which made us pull apart.

She wave her phone in front of our face. "When you guys get married, I'll send you guys this video of how sappy your romance story is." She says as she grin sheepishly.

Even Landon is staring at us with excitement twinkle in his eyes.

I pull away and giggle, wiping my tears away. "I'm glad you guys are entertained. Let's hit the road." I say as I face forward and strapping on my seat belt.

Ivory and Landon settled down as Kayden latch his free hand on mine.

I smile at him, my heart fluttering at his smile like usual.

author's note

i am writing this note as of september 8, 2020 and what in the hoo ha is this story. i am frankly embarrassed rereading it. a little i guess. still proud of my emma and kayden though. ahaha.

Random Number | Original & Unedited!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara