Their Fault

Phoebe's POV

I can't take this anymore. The guilt is eating me. I know what I did was the best option for Justin and I but it was still my fault that Lacy was gone. Even if they act like they forgave me but deep inside, I know they haven't. Tonight, I plan on sneaking out. I quietly waited for all of them to fall asleep. I was about to stand up but I heard footsteps and I immediately closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I heard a muffled shout and soon followed by whispering. I recognised their voices, James and Troy, and when they were gone, I immediately stole Mr. Anderson's keys in his coat pockets. I ran outside and went to start up the engine of the car. I'm smart enough to know how to drive so I was fine. I drove towards nowhere in particular. Honestly, I didn't know where to go. After a few hours of driving, I ended up on a quite big house with lights in it. I looked through the small hole and I saw three people sitting there. A man, a woman, and a little child. They must've felt somebody watching them because they turned their heads in my direction. I immediately moved away from the hole and I waited for them to at least turn their attention on something else. When I peeked inside for the second time, two of them are gone. The man was the only one inside.

"Who are you? And why are you here?" I heard someone behind me.

I immediately turned my head at them and saw the same people who was inside when I peeked in.

"Uh, I was just passing by and I saw that there were lights inside so I decided to check" I truthfully told them.

"C'mon, come in" said the older lady I assume the little girl's mother and I followed them.

Axel's POV

Aaannnndddd...we're doomed. I know that from the very moment the undead poured out of the grocery store. I glared at James and Troy to show them how angry I was at them. We ran far enough but the zombies was still on our trail. We tried to go on alleyways just to avoid them but it was no good. Right now, we have more than 30 zombies behind us and they are still following us.

"What are we going to do now, smarty pants?" I asked Troy with anger in my voice.

"I'm sorry" he sincerely said.

Ooh, he thinks I will soften up because of that sincere voice?

"Just answer me!" I growled at him.

"Axel, calm down" Justin calmly said. "You're attracting more of them with your shouts"

"We're really sorry, Axel" James said in a sad voice as if he lost something important.

"Hmph, good thing Justin's here or else I would've shouted at the both of you more" I angrily said.

We stopped for awhile to have a little break.

"Now what?" I asked.

"We go back?" James suggested. "Camila will surely know what we need to do."

"Good idea" Justin said.

Troy just rolled his eyes and when we saw the undead inching near us we decided to just walk. Far enough from them so that they can't reach us.

"Why do you think Phoebe left us?" James asked out of the blue.

"Maybe she was still guilty of what happened" I answered. "I mean what she did was probably the same thing I would have done but maybe the guilt was taking control of her head."

"She was useful for us though" James said.

"Let's just not talk about it" Troy dismissed us. "It keeps bringing up Lacy in my mind. She's gone, end of story. You're reminding me on how I miss her."

There it is. I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest. Because of that, I wasn't able to move. I was nearly grabbed by one of the undead if it isn't for Justin who grabbed me away from them.

"What is it?" Justin asked. "Anything wrong?"

"No, it's nothing" I said smiling at him and he just gave me a knowing look.

I continued walking while looking down on the ground. Suddenly interested on how my foot rubs with the ground, creating friction. I didn't notice that we were near to the house if it wasn't for Justin patting my back. I looked back and saw that they were at least 1 km away. We climbed up and rushed inside.

"Where are the goods?" David immediately asked us.

"Uh...there's a problem" I started.

"The undead are going in our direction!" Ace informed us coming down from the stairs.

"Uh, yeah, it's their fault" I pointed at James and Troy who shot me an annoyed look which I returned with a smirk.

"We don't need to point at each other." Mason interjected just before they speak up. "What we need to do is leave this place."

"There's no way I will leave this place!" David growled at us.

"Then don't, you asshole!" Ace sassily replied.

"Then we need to move now!" Camila told us. "We have little time left."

"How about the deal?!" David angrily asked Troy since he was the one who made the deal.

"Does it matter?" I told him. "You're dying anyways since you're staying here in your rat hole."

That remark earned me a gunshot on my arm.

"AHH!" I screamed.

"DAVID!!" Ace shouted.

They all rushed to me. Mr. Anderson, since he said knows some medical first aid, checked on my wound and he found out that it was just a graze so it was nothing dangerous. He ripped a piece of cloth from his sleeves and wrapped it around the wound. I looked back on David and saw him getting beaten up by James and Troy. I smiled at his groans of pain but I don't care anymore. He deserved that for what he did to me. Although, I really feel a lot of pain in my arm. Now I really can't move it that much. The gates outside was already creaking and I realised the undead were already here so I immediately shot up and told them to move faster. For now I would be a little more useless.

A/N: Sorry for the late upload guys. I hope you liked the chapter. So how was the POV of Phoebe, was she correct to leave the others? Vote and Comment down below.