Only One I Have

Axel's POV

"James" I called him. "How's your wound."

"I'm fine" he said, avoiding my eyes.

"Hey, we're not mad at you" I told him. "Stop staying away from us. Do you think we'll save you if we hate you?"

"Still, I'm sorry" he said.

"I'll forgive you if you tell me the whole story" I said with a smirk.

"Fine" he said, rolling his eyes. "Remember the time you asked all of us to go to that library? On my way there, I came across Geoff and his group. They threatened me that if I didn't help them in taking over that military camp, they'd kill all of you back at the farm house. They were way too many to handle for all of you so I agreed. And I became an inside man in the camp. Told them every information that they need. And when I saw you there, I had to kick you out to keep you safe."

"I forgot to say thank you" I said and smiled at him.

"I'm sorry that I might've hurt your feelings when I spoke to you that time."

"Yeah, you're forgiven." I said and hugged him. "But I thought you died though."

"Yeah, that's me" he said. "I did that to avoid being seen by making myself look dead."

"Smart"

"I know right"

"Ahem!" Tom said to catch our attention. "I'd really appreciate if you stop hugging MY Axel."

"What if I don't want to?" James said with a smirk.

"I'll detach your limbs from your body and I'll feed it to you" he said.

"Uhhhh, nope." James said and removed his hand from me.

"Thank you" he said with an innocent smile.

He pulled me up and took me away from James. I smirked at the thought of him being jealous of my bestfriend.

"Why are you smirking?" He asked, annoyed.

"Nothing" I said and smiled innocently.

"Hey, umm...sorry for interrupting" Rome spoke from behind us. "Uh, c-can we uh, have some of your s-supplies?"

"Yeah, sure" I said. "Why are you so afraid to ask?"

"It's j-just that y-you're kind of intimidating" he shyly said.

"Psh, I'm not intimidating!" I said with a smile and pat his shoulder. "Wait, am I?!"

"Hand" Tom said behind me and I removed my hand from Rome's shoulder.

"You can get there" I said and pointed at the supplies. "But you can only have a little. We don't know how long until this storm stops. We might ran out before we are even able to go out."

"Yeah, thanks" he said and winked at me.

"Woah, man!" Tom reacted again at my back.

Rome smirked at Tom and as soon as he turned his back, I playfully hit Tom on the arm and I brought my tongue out to annoy him more.

"Do that one more time and I'll suck it out of your mouth" he threateningly said.

"Ew! You're so disgusting!" I said and hit him again on his shoulder.

"Ugh! Stop it you two!" Shauna said, clearly annoyed of us being lovey dovey and all. "Get a room!"

"Shauna, please, you're only jealous" I said to annoy her more.

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are"

"I am not"

"Yes you are"

"One more yes you are and I'm killing you"

"Yes you are" I said with a smirked.

I'll probably hit her first befor she even stand up. She's a bit far from us so I can fire one arrow. She probably realized that and she just shut her mouth and looked out the window where the rain continues to pour. The storm is still strong. It shows no sign of stopping and the flood is still getting higher and higher by the hour. If this continues for about 10 or more hours, I'm sure the second floor will also get flooded.

"Worried about the flood?" Tom asked.

"Yeah" I answered. "It's just that...if this continues...this place would be flooded and I've been looking for exits but there are none."

"I think it will stop soon" he said rubbing my back. "Just relax stop worrying about it."

"Hey..." Ryuki spoke. "Um...the stairs are already flooded."

"What?!"

"Yeah, um any minute now it'll flood the floor" He added.

We immediately told the others and we placed all of our things at a higher place. They were panicking and worried.

"How can we rest now?" Shauna asked.

"There are beds on that room" Shirley suggested. "It's not clean tho."

"Name one person that is clean this days." I said. "You guys can occupy them. I'll keep watch."

"I'll help him" Tom said. "Come on! Move now."

They moved inside the room and took the beds available.

"I just hope that this storm would already stop" I said. "It's too much."

"Agreed" Tom said while placing an arm around my waist. "You should rest, you know."

"Yeah, I will" I said. "But after the storm."

And...I fell asleep. Stupid. I felt Tom shaking me telling me to wake up.

"I actually slept" I said and facepalmed.

"It's okay" he said. "I kept watch. Look, the storm stopped already."

"Really?" I said, shocked.

I ran to the window to check if it was real and it was true after all. The flood was below the head level and the sun was already up.

"Guys!" I shouted. "The storm's gone!"

"Really?" Ivy asked and I nodded.

"As soon as the flood disappears, we can already move." I said.

"Where are we going anyways?" Shauna asked.

"Military camp" I simply said.

"Wait, that place was overrun by the dead right?" Shirley asked.

"Well, yeah." I answered. "But we can rebuild it."

"That's stupid" Shauna said.

"Thanks to the storm, the dead would leave that place" I added. "Plus, it has been a month since it last happened so the undead would have searched for food somewhere else."

"I say it would be great start for us if it will turn out well." Tom said.

"I don't see the point of going back there." Lacy said.

"Come onnn! This would work out, trust me" I said.

"How are we even supposed to reach that place?" Ivy said. "Cars must have been all destroyed after the flood unless someone here is a mechanic. Plus, Bryan can't handle a long walk."

We all looked at Bryan and saw his condition is getting worse. We can't leave him because they took care of us back at the farm house.

"He's hopeless" Shauna deadpanned. "We're bringing a dead one with us."

I actually believe Bryan's already hopeless but I don't want to make him feel like that.

"Please don't leave my brother" Clara pleaded. "He's the only one I have."

"We'll plan for it" I said.