Die With The Others

Troy's POV

Months has passed since we last saw the camp. Since, it was blown up. I miss Lacy to be honest. I still remember the last day we spent there.

---FLASHBACK---

"Hey, Troy!" Lacy called out.

"Yeah? What's up?" I asked, smiling.

"Can you go look for food?" She asked. "We're kinda short in that because of our growing population and if we keep on eating those chicken before their egg breaks then we would starve two days from now."

"Sure! I'll bring Mason, Shauna and Justin with me," I said. "Is that fine with you?"

"Yeah, I'll also ask Bridget to join you. Just come back early, ok?"

"Okay."

"Okay, that's all! Bye!" She waved before she left me to my own thoughts.

Well that was the longest conversation we've ever made. Considering that she was still mad at us for leaving her back in our school. I shook out my thoughts and went around to find Justin and the others. The camp was not that big so I was able to find them immediately.

"Hey!" I greeted Justin who is polishing the knives in the armory.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Can you come with me to look for food?" I asked.

He looked at me and said, "I'm not in the mood to go out, Troy."

"Oh"

"Besides, Shauna and Mason would definitely come with you anyways"

"Ok, thanks for your time" I said as I walked back to where I saw Shauna and Mason.

"Hey, Troy!" Mason greeted. "What's up?"

"Can you come with me to scavenge for food?" I asked once again.

"Sure, We wouldn't mind" he said. "Right Shauna?"

"Sure" she answered monotonously.

After eating our food, we immediately packed everything that we will need and after 30 minutes we were ready to go. I entered the driver's seat while Shauna and Bridget sat on the back and Mason sat beside me in the passenger seat. I drove out of the forest, thank God Tom gave me the right directions. When we were a few kilometers away, we heard a loud explosion coming from the camp's direction.

"What the hell was that?" I asked.

"An explosion" Mason answered.

"No shit, sherlock" Shauna sarcastically said while looking at her nails.

"We have to go back" I suggested.

"I agree" Bridget stated.

"Well I ain't dying with the both of you" Shauna deadpanned.

"She's kinda right, man" Mason agreed.

I just sighed and continued driving. I slowed down as I approached a grocery store.

"I guess we could look in here" I said.

We went out of the car and approached the store. It was dark and dusty inside. Mason went closer to the glass door to check if there are undead inside. He raised his thumbs up to signal that there is nothing on sight. We removed the lock from the door and we started looking for food to bring back. As I was looking through an aisle, I noticed something odd. Isn't it odd that this place has these foods and it has been never found out by other people? This place is easy to find which confuses me why the store isn't empty. I shook out those thoughts and continued looking for food. After an hour we all came back to our car full of foods in our hands.

"This would be great!" Bridget exclaimed. "This would totally help us through a couple of months."

"Guys, where's Shauna?" I asked looking for her.

"She's still inside" Mason answered.

Then we heard continuous sounds of falling shelves inside the store. We were suddenly alerted and ran back inside to check on Shauna. We saw her slashing through a pack of the undead that were flowing out of a room. Her axe swung back and forth as the zombies goes near her. We immediately helped her to kill the remaining ones as quickly as possible.

"These "trapping the undead inside a room" tactic needs to stop." Shauna said while panting hard.

"It was the same guys that we met before, right?" I asked.

She looked at me and nodded.

"They're doing it everywhere which would harm a lot of people if they happened to encounter these" she said.

"We have to go" Bridget informed as noises was heard from another room.

We all agreed and we all walked back to the car.

"This would all be fine, right?" Mason asked.

"Yeah, it'll be enough" Bridget answered.

We drove silently back to the camp not knowing what happened. As we approached the camp, we were shocked on what we saw in front of us. The front gate was destroyed and the walls that we built fell down. Cabins were burnt and some are completely destroyed. We went out of the car and hurriedly went to our secret entrance which is at the side of the camp and peeked through it. Men in bulletproof vest were surrounding 3 familiar people who are kneeling down with their hands behind their head, signaling retreat. A particular man caught my attention. It was the same man who attacked us back at the library. I couldn't believe that he's back. As I tried my best to see who those 3 people are, I saw that it was Lacy, Noah, and Tom.

"What's happening inside?" Mason asked me.

"Everything's destroyed" I said. "The people who caught us back in the library ruined the camp. They're all surrounding Noah, Tom and Lacy."

"What?!" Bridget exclaimed. "I knew it! I shouldn't have left the camp."

"And what? Die with the others?" Shauna said.

I looked back in the camp and saw the man pointing his pistol into Lacy's head. I gasped causing Bridget to shove me away. She went inside the camp and shouted.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Bridget shouted trying to catch their attention.

"That girl is stupid" Shauna deadpanned. "She just caused her own death."

She managed to catch their attention causing Tom and the others to move and they were able to knock out some of the men. Even if they were surprised by Bridget, they were able to regain their composure as the tall man shot Bridget directly in the head and Tom and the others were caught in a headlock. The man faced the them and immediately shot Noah in the head as he said something that I wasn't able to catch. Ryuki and the others were brought out of a cabin and they seemed unharmed. The man pointed to the dead and let out a loud laugh and the others started edging towards Bridget and Noah's body.

"Let's go" Shauna said as she tugged on my sleeve. "Let's pay Axel a visit."