Only Way Out

Justin's POV

A loud scream resonated through out the whole beach as everybody were sleeping in their own tents. I immediately shot up accidentally pushing off Axel's arm around me. I looked at his wrist to see that it was just 1:30 in the morning.

"What happened, Tin?" He asked.

Was that a nickname? Cute. But we have bigger problems now.

"There was this loud scream and I heard it" I said.

"What? I heard no scream, Tin" he said rubbing his eyes. "You must be dreaming."

"What? No!" I angrily said.

"Woah. Don't shout please" he said clearly unfazed as he yawned (was it weird that when I was typing that word I started yawning?) like a baby. Cute.

"But, could you check with me?" I shyly asked him.

He nodded and I looked back at him and he was still wearing that oversized sweater and boxers underneath. Cute. He grabbed his bow and arrow which he was scarily good at and told me he was ready. I peeked through the small hole at the entrance (I don't know what those "doors" of the tent are called) and I was shocked when the undead were gathering towards this one tent which I forgot who owned it. I looked at the other tents and I saw them peeking through a small hole. All terrified to make a move. I signaled them to run away in 10 seconds. I started counting. 10...I unzipped the "door" of our tent...9...I peeked through the hole trying to search for a pathway...8...I saw an opening towards the entrance back at the hotel...7...I whispered the plan to Axel who immediately nodded...6...I saw James and I tried catching his attention...5...I signalled him the plan and he relayed it to Troy...4...I caught Mr. Anderson's eye and signalled him for the plan...3...I did the same to Ace and Camila...2...I looked back at Axel if he was ready and he just nodded at me as he prepared his knife...1! I grabbed his hand and we went out of the tent. We caught some of the undead's attention and some of them followed us. As I looked at my left I saw Ace, Mason, Camila, and Ivy running towards the exit. At my right I saw James and Troy having a bit of a problem but they managed to reach the entrance safely. We were the last one to reach the entrance and they were telling us to hurry since the undead our coming our way. Axel and I hurriedly entered and they locked the door as we went in. We were panting when we reached the hotel. I looked at the door and I know that won't last long since it's just glass and anytime it might crack.

"Everyone here?" I asked panting.

Everyone looked around and noticed that some of us are missing Charles, Rosa, Gabriel, Roxanne, and Phoebe.

"Where are they?!" Camila asked with panic in her voice.

"When I woke up, Gabriel was no longer in the tent" Mr. Anderson informed us.

"The tent that the scream came from was Roxanne and Phoebe's" Ace grimly said.

I tried piecing everything and now I know who the culprit is. I looked at Axel who was panting heavily while leaning at the wall.

"It's Rosa" I said.

Everyone looked at me with confusion in their faces except Axel who looked at me knowingly. I told them everything that I heard from their conversation and what Alex and I were whispering about at lunch yesterday. They started piecing everything up and that's when the front doors bursted in flames.

"What was that?!" Ace screamed.

Richard's POV

I remembered those girls who stayed with us for a few days, Camila and Phoebe. I know they are good people that is why they don't deserve to live in hell such as this place.

"Emily, we have to do something" I told her.

"Yes, we do" she agreed.

We know where Camila and Phoebe went after following them that day. That is why we decided to make their lives more peaceful by setting them free. There was only one way that we know.

Justin's POV

We hurriedly went to the lobby and saw it on fire, blocking it. The fire started to spread to the curtains and it spreads fast. We saw Charles and his family at the stairs pointing towards the fire exit. I told them to ignore it since it might be a trap again. We ran to the side entrance to see if it was still open and it was also on fire. All of us went on our own rooms to grab our stuff and after a few minutes I heard Axel shout.

"The windows are the only way out!" He shouted. "Let's meet up to the nearby library in this town a little bit on the east!"

I tried going out of the room to go to him but the hallway was also on fire. I went back at the window and opened it. I saw some of the dead gathering towards the hotel since it catches their attention because of the light the fire gives off. I jumped off the window and ran away from the hotel. That was when we were all split off into smaller groups...and I was all alone.

James' POV

I heard what Axel said as I jumped off the window. The dead prevented me from going near anyone. They literally divided us as I ran away towards an abandoned house a little farther away from the hotel. What am I gonna do now that I'm all alone? These are the times I wish Axel's with me.

I searched through the house to see if it has a map going to the library. I already searched through the place and there is nothing near to what I was looking for. I just sat down on a couch, tired, of what was happening and soon drifted to sleep.

Mason's POV

"Keys?" I asked Troy.

He patted himself down and found out that he forgot it back at the hotel. He started running back for it but I immediately stopped him.

"Let's go!" I said as I dragged him away from the hotel.

We ran away from the burning hotel and went towards a nearby ministop. We panted heavily as I laid back at the wall.

"Axel said that we should meet up at the library" Troy said. "Any ideas where it is?"

"Nope" I said still panting.

Troy tried opening the door and was shocked when it was indeed open. We walked inside to see a lot of chips still on the shelves and I opened our bags to get as much as we can since neither one of us brought food.

"Look who found the jackpot!" Troy said happily.

Mr. Anderson's POV

Ace and I heard what Axel said and thank god my car was still fine and I got my keys.

"I know that library" I said.

"Convoy" I heard Ace said since she also has her own car.

I agreed and quickly drove towards the library with Ace behind.

Camila's POV

I ran far away from the hotel. I heard Axel awhile ago but I really don't know where that library is. I just went to an empty playground and sat on one of the swings by myself. As I thought about what I should do next.

Ivy's POV

Running in heels are not one of my forte but I managed to pull it off. I saw this tree with a treehouse at the top. You know what I did? I left it behind. Just kidding! I went up the tree and saw that it was empty. I actually heard that we are supposed to meet in a library somewhere. Do I look like I read books? I don't, right? Ugh! How can I know where that library is then? I can't just roam around this place looking for nothing? What am I gonna do now that Roxanne's missing?

A/N: so the hotel's goneee...where are they going now? The library? Now everyone is split up. I've showed how the group was divided into smaller group. Axel, Justin, James, Camila, and Ivy all alone and Mason and Troy, and Mr. Anderson and Ace paired together. In case you missed it, these pairings was from their room arrangements.
Q: Thoughts on what Rosa did? Where do you think is Roxanne and Phoebe?
P.S.: 5 more chapters to go before the end of this book. There would be book 2.