Monster

Lacy's POV

"Seems like I killed a few" Geoff said with a smirk.

"You monster!" I angrily shouted as I attacked him.

I unsheathed my dagger strapped on my thigh and charged towards him. He was quick enough to dodge all my attacks and he managed to knock me out of my feet.

"You don't expect to win against a military-trained man didn't you?" He said with an annoying smirk.

"It's worth a try" I said as I charged once again.

This time I was able to make a small gash on his upper arm. I saw Bryan preparing to attack from behind but he must've noticed that I'm looking at something behind him. He turned aroud to fire in Bryan's direction. I took this chance to ride on his back and I pushed my fingers towards his eyes. He screamed in pain and he elbowed me in the face knocking me down in the process. Bryan attacked while he was busy and he managed to steal his gun and immediately fired at Geoff's body. Geoff went still and slowly kneeled down the ground. We were huffing after all the action that happened. Bryan approached Geoff's dead body. He tried to check his pulse but I was shocked when Geoff grabbed his arm and bent it.

"AHHH!" Bryan shouted in agony.

Geoff's arm bent it harshly that I knew that his arm is broken for good. When I regained my composure I tried reaching the gun which is just a little bit out of reach.

"Try to get that and your friend will surely die" he threatened.

Of course I had to stop to make sure Bryan lives on for another day. I angrily stared at him as I tried to think out a plan.

"You must be wondering how I survived those pathetic shots of this kid" he said with a smirk. "Well, I am smart enough to wear a bulletproof vest in times of battle."

"Just stop talking and release him" I said.

"Then what?" He asked. "What will I get in return? You killed my son and daughter!"

So, he thought Rome and Shirley? Maybe I can use them. But that would mean putting them in harm.

"We...didn't mean to kill your children!" I said.

"So, if I kill this kid and I'll say that I didn't mean to, will you believe me?" He asked with tears in his eyes. "They were the only ones left with me...and you took them away."

"I'm really sor-" I was about to say sorry but an arrow pierced right through Geoff's head.

"Figured, you'll need the help" Axel spoke from behind.

Axel's POV

When our car was far enough, I asked Tom to pull over. We checked Mr. Anderson, who is shot, if he was still okay but Shauna said otherwise. Turns out, he ran out of blood which is the cause of his death. I told Tom to start digging a grave for him and after we buried him, we went straightback to the house and saw a car that crashed at the front door, destroying the door at the process.

"Shit!" Was all I said as I ran towards the house.

I saw Lacy on the ground angrily staring at a man, who I think is named Geoff. He was holding Bryan and Bryan's arm was bent in a really odd way. I heard them talking about Geoff losing his family because of us. Didn't he know that Rome and Shirley is with us?

"Kill him" Tom whispered in my ear.

"Yeah"

I aimed my arrow on his head and fired it. It pierced straight right onto his head. I heard everyone gasped at what I did.

"Figured, you'll need help" I said as Geoff dropped on the ground releasing Bryan in the process.

"Are you okay?" Tom asked Lacy as he assisted her.

Honestly, that made me feel a bit jealous but I know their relationship is purely platonic.

"Where are the others?" I asked her.

"Their down there" she said while pointing at a well hidden trap door under a pot.

"Guys, some of the undead must've heard those gunshots" Shauna said. "They're heading this way."

"I'll call them" I said as I made my way to the trap door.

I opened it and peeked through the door. They were all staying at the farthest corner from the door.

"Axel!" Clara shouted happily.

"It's all done" I announced. "Now, we have to go. The house is too destroyed and the infected is heading our way."

"Where's my brother?" Clara asked me as they climb up one by one.

"He's safe" I answered. "His arm is bent though."

"Oh, that must've hurt" she simply said.

She really makes me wonder how she can act so tough in these kind of situations.

"We have to go now" Shauna stated while she stands outside as a look out.

"We have a lot of supplies from the store we went to" I said. "Maybe it'll be enough?"

"Yeah, I think that'll be enough for the 12 of us" Tom answered.

"Any news about Ace and Mason?" I asked.

"They're still out" Lacy answered. "They're not back yet."

"How can we leave without them?" Troy asked.

"We'll leave a note" I said.

He just nodded. We grabbed our things and before I ride the car, I left a note that says our next location in case Ace and Mason happened to return.

"You ready?" Tom asked. "The undead are getting near."

"Yeah, I just left them a note" I said and I soon joined them in the car.

I told Tom the directions on our next stay. After a few hours, I didn't notice that I fell asleep in my seat and I woke up to a loud thunder from the sky. I wasn't long until raindrops fell down to our windows. The rain became harsher and harsher until it was too much and we cannot see the road at all.

"Where are we exactly?" I asked Tom.

"We're around...here." He said as he pointed our location on the map.

"We're near but not quite" I said. "We can hole up there until the rain stops."

I pointed to an abandoned apartment in the other side of the road. We drove towards it and we grabbed everything from the trunk and moved it inside. I'm really glad this place has a second floor. We settled in on the top floor and found each of our areas to rest on.

"Guys, take a rest" I told them. "I don't think this rain would stop anytime soon. I'll keep watch."

"Yeah, I'll stay up too." Tom said.

He held my hand as we kept watch for the intruders. The others were already snoring which made the both of us laugh. They really deserve the rest after everything that happened.