Everybody Makes Mistakes

Axel's POV

Well, just before we reach the front door, the gate was already destroyed because of the amount of weight it was carrying. So we have to go somewhere else and that's when Ace led us towards the garage where they keep their weapons.

"Where did you get all of these?" Mason asked in awe.

I, myself, is impressed. There are weapons everywhere. Guns, knives, even bows and arrows are there, neatly placed around the room.

"We or should I say, my parents, used to collect these" Ace answered.

"Can we get some?" Mason asked again still in awe.

By now, the front door is already starting to get unhinged.

"Yes" Ace said in a worried tone. "Get as many as you can. We will need them."

I slung a long bow and all of the arrows on my shoulder and stock up on knives and strapped it in my belt. I also got a pistol with some bullets, even if I really have no gun experience, just in case. The others also did the same and we ditched our baseball bats since it would just slow us down.

"None of us knows how to use a gun though" I informed Ace.

"If we survive, I will teach you but for now stick to your knives." She said.

"How about David are we going to leave him?" Mason asked just before we leave.

"Yes" Ace said without second thoughts. "He'll just be some extra luggage on our backs."

"Isn't he your brother or something?" I asked.

"No, silly. He's my neighbor!" She said while laughing.

"Help!!!" David screamed.

We ran immediately towards the exit, ignoring David's screams of pain cause he really deserved that, and we went inside the car, panting as we drove out of the neighborhood.

We were divided into 4 cars since Troy, James, Ivy, and Ace has their own cars. Ivy and Roxanne on the first car. James, Mr. Anderson, who decided to join us since he is the only one who knows what to do in case something happens on my gunshot wound, and I on the second car. Ace and Camila on the third one. And Troy brought Mason and Justin with him. He actually asked me to go with him but as usual James said no. I don't know why he doesn't like me to be around Troy. I mean he's nice and all but why is he preventing me from being close with Troy? I just shook that out of my head and I decided to take a nap so that I will have some energy for later in case we need to do something tiring like running and so.

Phoebe's POV

"So," the man started. "What's your name and why were you alone?"

"I'm Phoebe and I ran away from my group because I did something wrong" I said truthfully.

"Well, everybody makes mistakes" the little girl said innocently.

"Sam, how many times have I told you not to listen in adult conversation?" Her mother told her in a soft voice.

"Sorry mama" she said and left the room.

"So, back to what happened to you." The man eyed me with suspicion. "What did you do then?"

"I...I left somebody just because I was afraid to die." I said.

I told them everything from the start and until how I found them.

"That was just right" the lady kindly told me. "You thought it was right and just by listening to your story, I would've done that to save my other friend and of course myself."