Someone's Coming

Tom's POV

It has been 5 months since the outbreak started and 4 months since we lived here in the camp. Our camp that we used to love, is now a place full of hatred. I remember the day this camp went under the rule of those cruel people who took it from us and now orders us around.

---FLASHBACK---

It's been a week since we went back here in the camp. A couple of days ago, James appeared outside of our gate and told us he recieved Axel's letter. I was confused on how he read that paper when it was with Troy all along and Axel didn't have the direction to the camp when he was writing that letter. That's right, I asked Troy to get it from the book that Axel placed it in to know where they were going. I felt like there's something wrong. Just the fact that he is really keen in knowing how the camp works and he carries a walkie talkie around is suspicious but we gave him the benefit of the doubt since he was Axel's bestfriend. Now, he is resting up in his room and Lacy and I was helping the others in building a cabin. While we were busy working we suddenly heard Courtney's shout.

"There is someone outside!" Courtney shouted. "He's alone with just a bow and arrows."

"Let him in!" I shouted.

The gate revealed Axel and he quickly ran towards me and hugged me.

"I missed you" he said.

"I missed you too" I said and kissed him.

"Get a room!" Sky shouted.

"Hi!" Axel greeted her. "Hi everyone!"

"Hey" Shauna greeted with a smile.

"Who is he, Tom?" Noah asked.

"He's Axel" I said putting my arm around his waist. "My boyfriend."

"Woah, didn't know you swing that way" Ryuki said with a smile.

"Stop it, Ryuki" Sky said and slapped his arms.

"Ow, that hurts." He just said while rubbing his hurt arm.

"So that is Sky, Ryuki, Ash and I think you already know Lacy, Shauna and Troy" I said introducing each one of them. "We're currently building a cabin for other survivors. But Shauna, Troy and Justin would go out to scavenge later."

"Oh, that's great." He said smiling. "Am I bothering you?"

"No not at all, go tour him around, Tom" Lacy said smiling.

I just nodded and toured Axel around.

"Where are the others?" I asked Axel while walking around.

"They didn't want to come" he said frowning. "They're busy playing with the kids."

"Kids?" I asked. "When did you have kids with you?"

"They are my grandma's neighbors kid but you see, the family left the kids in that house and locked them in so that the dead won't get them but now their parents are nowhere to be seen" he said. "We tried looking for them but we didn't see them at all."

"Oh, so are you going to tell me where you are staying now?" I asked even though I know where it is.

"Um...I can't." He said. "We already talked about this. I don't want you to be in danger that's why I didn't want to tell you. Plus, it is 2 hours away from here."

"You drove for 2 hours just to see me?" I asked surprised I just know where that location written on the paper is but I didn't know that it was that far.

"Kinda" he said shyly.

"Come here" I said as I motioned him to come closer.

I hugged him tight and kissed him.

AS THE DEAD RISES: Book 1 & 2 [COMPLETED] {EDITING}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara