Chapter 19

Sophia POV
He gives me a meek smile and caresses my cheek with his fingertip.

"Nothing, I just don't want to leave you again."

Oh, I know what this is about. He is going to put me back into the cage while he's gone and he's worried I'll be mad again when he gets back. To be honest I am a little mad about him leaving me again but, at least I can think about my plan.

"It's... alright." I struggle to get the words out.

He raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure."

"Yes."

He chuckles softly and gets up grabbing me in a fist. I gasp softly at the suddenness of it and I feel his lips brush against me. Warmth blooms in my chest and I sigh sadly. I want to leave this place but I don't want to hurt him. I look up at him and give a small smile as he carries me over to the cage. Once again I find myself being placed inside and the door is locked. He quickly slips behind the changing screen and in minutes is fully dressed in princely attire.

"Ill see you in a few hours." And he's gone.

Drake POV

I race down the stairs, the 10 o'clock bell chime echoing through the castles corridors. Father would not be happy with me. I can already hear his angry tone in my head.

"Drake, you can not let that little bug distract you." And "You spoil the wretched thing Drake."

I worry for her sometimes leaving her up in my room with my father hating her as he does, but for now I have bigger things to worry about.

I quickly race around the corner and pause to compose myself outside of our large meeting hall doors. Deep breath, straighten vest, and here we go. I press open the doors and walk into an almost empty room save for my father and to my utter surprise, a human noble man.

"Drake, how nice of you to finally show up." My father laughs and welcomes me with open arms. Quite different from his usual stark manner.

"Father, sir..."

"Ah, forgive me, Drake this is Sir Clay Dering."

"Prince Drake." The human bows from his spot on the table. I nod and take my place across from him.

"Why are you here Sir Dering?"

"For Sophia, why else."

I almost choke at the thought of him trying to take Sophia from me. Anger begins to boil up but I put a lid on it so as to seem perfectly indifferent.

"And what is it you want with my darling little prize?"

"Well, I would prefer her home but, as that is impossible at the moment I have come to ask for a month."

"What do you mean a month?" Confusion grasps me and I gaze over at my father who wants nothing to do with the matter.

"I wish to bring Sophia home to her family for a month then after that, we will have nothing more to do with the matter but, if you do not allow this to happen, we will never stop trying to get her back!"