2

I just stared at him. I stared into his eyes. His eyes are so beautiful and- snap out of it Lexi!

This is a killer. He's a heartless killer and he'll probably reject you! I tell myself.

Audrey whimpers at these thoughts. She was happy to find her mate. She's been waiting for years. I looked at his left arm to see there was a cut down it. Blood was oozing out the cut and I had to close my eyes to not feel sorry for him.

He's probably spilt more innocent blood than he would ever have in his own body. I open my eyes suddenly as I feel a hand on my face. While my skin connects with his, I feel a tingly feeling and I jerk my head away. He looks slightly hurt at that but withdraws his hand.

I want to say something but I can't. I hear someone calling my name and look over to see Hunter looking back and forth from me and Aiden. He looks shocked and I quickly duck under Aidens arm and run to Hunter. I didn't want to say it out loud so I mind linked him 'he's my mate...'

Hunter pulls me into a hug and I realise I'm crying into his shirt.

"It's all right chicken nugget. I'll bring you home, come on. We'll say you're sick."

He says, patting my head. I pout at his action and laugh a little, feeling better. We turn and are about to leave when I feel strong hands on my arm. I'm pulled from Hunters grip and feel arms wrap protectively around my waist.

I can tell it's Aiden as I begin to feel sparks again. I look up into his face and see him giving Hunter the deadliest glare I've ever seen.

"Mine!" He growls.

I can see his eyes turn black and know it's his wolf. Audrey sees it's his wolf as well and forces in control. She looks up at her mate and buts her head on his chin. He looks down and grins happily. I force myself back into control again and push out of Aidens arms.

He looks deeply hurt so I turn and walk to Hunter. I hear a low growl and walk past Hunter towards my car.

I get in and buckle my seatbelt, then pull out my parking spot and race to the pack house, tears streaming down my eyes. I look in the side view window and see that Hunters following me. We finally get to the pack house and I run in as the doors unlocked, then race to my room, ignoring Alpha Xavier and Beta Sam and bolt to my room, slamming the door and flopping down on my bed with my face in the pillows.

I let the tears stream down my face and begin to sob. I wanted a happy family, a loving mate who would always be there for me. I won't get that with him. He's cold blooded and heartless.

Audrey whimpers and I decide to go for a run so get changed into a sports bra and joggers. I run downstairs and go outside, running towards the woods.

When I get there I hide behind a tree and strip down then shift into my wolf and, picking my clothes up in my mouth, start to run through the forest.

***
Aidens POV

I watch as my mate runs past me and into some other males arms.

They hug and she cries on his shoulder. He pats her head and whispers to her while patting her head. I don't hear everything he says but I can hear him calling her 'chicken nugget' and saying they'll go home and say she's sick.

I get angry that it's not me saying that to her and she didn't run into my arms and cry on my shoulder. I watch as they begin to leave and my wolf takes control, grabbing our mate and wrapping our arms round her.

"Mine!" My wolf growls, glaring at the Male, ready to rip his head off if he touches our mate again! We feel something bumping against our chin and look down to see our mate, with her wolf in control, smiling at us playfully.