13

I blink open my eyes and look around me. Aiden's still sleeping. I jump out bed and run to the bathroom, turning the water on and jumping in.

When I'm done I dry myself and grab a white dressing gown to cover my naked body, before running and doing a cannonball onto the bed.

I was kinda hoping to wake up Aiden with it, but he continues to snore away. I huff and pull the duvet over myself, before scooting over to Aiden and resting my head on his chest.

It's a warm chest. I'm almost asleep again but I feel a jerking under me and sit up to see Aiden jerking around. I shake him awake and he snaps his eyes open, continuing to jerk around. When it finally stops, he looks at me, kind of surprised.

"What happened?" I ask. He ignores my question by asking his own.

"What time yesterday did I black out?"

"About... eight, why?"

"I think I'm getting my memories of when I blacked out back, but exactly twenty-four hours after."

He says it casually with a hint of excitement, but my stomach feels like it's dropped to my feet. That means he'll remember everything that happened with Austin.

I just hope he doesn't kill him... I snap out my thoughts when I suddenly have a horrible taste rising up my throat.

I jump out bed and bolt to the bathroom, lifting up the toilet lid and throwing all the contents of my stomach out my mouth.

Aiden comes in and holds my hair back while I continue to throw up. When I'm done Aiden rubs my back soothingly.

"You ok?" He asks.

I grimace and nod a little, walking past him to the bedroom. When I get to the bed, Aiden runs out the room, coming back a minute later carrying my phone. I barely look at it anymore!

"I thought you might want to call your friends. I have pack business for the day." He says. I pout as I don't want him to leave right now.

"Do you have to?" I whine. He chuckles before replying, "Yes" and kissing me on the forehead before leaving the room. I turn my phone on and call Sarah.

"Hello?" I hear her voice through the phone.

"Hey Sarah! It's me. I was wondering if you want to come over today? I puked and Aiden left."

"Ok, I'll come. But, can I bring disinfectant?" She jokes. I roll my eyes before remembering she can't see me and just scoff.

"Very funny. Just get here as soon as you can!" I hang up and decide to call Hunter so that he and Maddy can come over.

"Hi Hunter!" I scream when he picks up.

"Hi Lexi. How are you?" He asks glumly.

"Hunter, what's wrong?"

"You know how my mate that rejected me was pregnant? She died giving birth. Turns out, since she didn't have a pup with her mate, she died."

His voice is emotionless and he sounds like he doesn't care about anything. "And my dad... mums going crazy. Won't speak to anyone. She said she just wants to give up and be with dad..." he continues.

My heart drops.
"Hunter... I don't know what to say... come over later with Maddy. Sarah's coming over as well, we can all talk?" I offer. He sighs.

"Lexi, I would love to, it's just. I don't know... maybe another time." He sighs.

"Ok. I'll see you soon, yeah?"