7

"Leeexxiiii. Leeexiiii! LEXI!"

I suddenly jump up, looking at Sarah's blurry figure.

"What happened?" My vision was beginning to get better.

"Lexi. Want some water?" She asks.

I just nod my head and she places a cold glass into my outstretched hand. I gulp it down and wipe my mouth on the back of my hand before feeling a sting in my neck.

I slap my hand to my neck and yell "OW!" I stare at Sarah's worried/ amused face.

"What the hell happened Sarah? All I remember is Hunter came over, we hung out. Then I was hugging Hunter and everything else is blurry."

"Well..." I raise an eyebrow. "Go look in the mirror."

She finishes quietly. I can tell she's secretly holding back a laugh. I run into the bathroom and stare at the wall of mirrors, looking over my face for anything before glancing at my neck.

"WHAT THE HELL!!" I scream, moving my fingers over the mark lightly.

Sarah comes in and, not being able to hold it anymore, burst out in fits of laughter.

"Lexi, lexi, listen to this." She Says, gasping for air. "LMAOSHMSFOIDMT!!"

"The fuck?" I'm pretty sure she's finally lost her marbles.

"It stands for: laughing my ass off so hard my sombrero fell off I dropped my taco." She says in a 'duh' voice. Yup. No doubt about it. She's lost her mind.

"Oh, come on, that was funny!" She whines.

"You know what you are?" I say in a fake-thoughtful voice.

"What?" She asks warily.

"OCDQ. Over complicated drama queen." She just glares at me and I roll my eyes.

We hear a sudden knock at the door and jump.

"Who is it?" I shout cautiously.

"Lexi?" I hear a familiar voice.

I look at Sarah and mouth 'Make him go away'. He is the last person I want to see right now.

'But he's your mate! And he marked you, that's a good thing!' Audrey says in the back of my mind.

I soon get her to shut up by saying back to her 'yeah, well he could have at least asked! Now I have no choice but to be stuck with him'.

I duck into the wardrobe and grab a sports bra, sweatpants and a zip up hoodie. I grab a bobble and look in the mirror, tying my hair up in a high ponytail.

Sarah comes in and gives me the thumbs up before whispering, "he's gone. I told him you didn't want to see him and if he sees you to walk in the opposite direction."

"Thanks Sarah." A part of me was sad that he would be staying away but the rest of me was filled with relief.

"I'm heading to the gym. You can come if you want, just borrow some of my clothes." I say before walking out the room and heading downstairs.

***

"Aren't you... even a little tired?" Sarah gasps.

"No, why. Are you?" I reply.

I've been alternating between going on the exercise bike and running on the treadmill for three hours and haven't even broke a sweat. Sarah's been alternating between sitting on the bench, drinking juice and walking on the treadmill for three hours.