15

Lexi's POV

It's been a week since we told Hunter and Xavier about me being pregnant. Aiden has been really overprotective, making ten guards stay by my side when he's not there.

And trust me, that's a lot. I don't know where he goes every day for the past week, but he always comes back with hints he was beating someone up.

I also haven't seen Austin for ages... I've been talking to Sarah and Hunter over the phone, but they're always busy with their mates. I've been looking round for something to do as the pack have went to the wolf lake. I don't get to join them as I could hurt the pups by shifting.

I was sitting in the pack house on a horribly rainy day, tracing my finger where the droplets fall down my window.

When my hand gets tired I lean my head against the window instead, letting the cold feeling of the glass sooth my aching head.

There are some guards standing all round the room as well as outside the door. I can tell they want to leave as much as me, to go to wolf lake with the rest of the pack. I've tried to convince them that they can leave me alone just now, I'm safe, but they don't want to go against Aidens orders.

I'm beginning to doze off when someone bursts through the door.
"There's a rogue attack. The Alphas on his way over here." He says breathlessly.

I bolt upright. Soon enough, Aiden comes through the door.

"Three of you stay with Lexi, make sure the rogues don't go near her. The rest come with me." Aiden says, motioning for some of the guards to follow him.

Three of them stay willingly, I guess they don't hate protecting me that much after all.

"Aiden-" I begin. He interrupts me.

"Lexi, stay here. The furthest you can follow me is to the top of the stairs, you understand? The pack still have their wolves in control, so they'll most likely be fighting stronger than before. Your guards will put their wolves in control as their wolf selves will protect their luna more than their human selves." He explains before turning and leaving.

I watch as the three guards shift into their wolves. I follow them to the top of the stairs, trying to listen to what's going on. The first thing I hear is a familiar voice. Rima...
***

Aiden's POV

I get a mind link from a pack member saying that rogues are trespassing, and they're clearly here for a war. I immediately mind link Lexi's guards and run to the pack house, before mind linking my third in command to tell the rest of the pack.

I turn away from Lexi after I explain everything. I hurry down the stairs, walking out my front door to be met with a hundred or so rogues. They all looked quite strong, but my pack had more members.

Their wolves were still in control so we have the upper hand here. And right at the front of the group, I see the one person I was hoping never to see again. Rima.

"Hey Aiden! Miss me?" She shouts. I growl at her and feel my wolf trying to take over.

"Why would anyone miss a psycho bitch?" I snarled back.

Her eyes went black and I slowly took in her appearance. Her usually shiny brown hair was sticking up and it was all matted, looking like it hadn't been cared for in months. Her clothes were ripped and dirty, and her face and arms were covered in dirt. I look at her feet and realise she's barefoot.

Her feet look to be covered in dry blood, as she was obviously walking over sharp twigs. She smirks as she sees me looking her over, clearly thinking I'm checking her out.