11 - part 2

Maddy's POV

I watch as my mother comes into the room I'm in, followed closely by some girls. I look closer and realise, with sudden joy and happiness, they were my best friends before I started looking for my mate!

There's Alice, Darci, Casey, Becky and Isla! I run over and we all have a group hug.

"I missed you guys so much!" I screech.

They scream back in agreement and we all pull away. Alice is the first to say something.

"So, I heard you found your mate? I also heard he's super hot." She wiggles her eyebrows at the last part and my wolf growls inside.

I ignore my wolf and nod sheepishly. "His name's hunter. He's the beta of Silver Moon pack."

I guess I am kind of boasting about how my mate's a beta, but still. He's a beta!

"Show us pictures!" Darci demands.

I roll my eyes laughing, and take out my phone. I unlock it and go onto photos, looking for the picture I took of me and Hunter.

Hunter's pouting like a little boy in the photo because it has a filter on snapchat and he didn't like it. When I show the girls they all start laughing at it.

"Awwww, you're so cute together!" Isla squeals.

I smile and we all just start going through the pictures. I didn't even realise my mother left, but she's probably went downstairs. I suddenly remember with a spark of guilt that my mate and brother are at war right now...
***

Lexi's POV

When we arrive at Silver Moon territory I can see a load of other cars and vans. Me and Aiden hop out the car and the other wolves follow. Some of them have already shifted and me and Aiden run, followed by our pack towards the sounds of the battle.

When we get to the battle grounds it's absolute chaos. There's dead and injured bodies everywhere. I look around at my old pack members and feel a wave of fury.

Without meaning to I shift. My wolf has taken over completely and all I can do is watch as her and the rest of our pack dove into the fight and rip any unfamiliar wolves and humans to shreds. I see Sarah and watch as a man approaches her.

He goes to caress her face and my wolf runs to her to go and rip the man to shreds but something stops her... I can see the strangers eyes glaze over and seconds later a voice, that I'm guessing belongs to the other alpha, rings out over the battle grounds.

"STOP!" He commands. I watch as all the wolves turn to face him. He obviously just shifted as he's only wearing a pair of shorts. I watch as he makes his way to Sarah. When he gets near her my wolf jumps in front of her and growls at the man.

He just glances at me and looks to the pack member that approached Sarah. He's now holding her by the waist but she doesn't look scared.

She looks oddly calm... I tilt my head to the side and Sarah looks down at Audrey and me, smiling reassuringly. I nod my head once and back away, where Aiden runs to me and presses his nose against the side of my muzzle. I turn to him and lick the side of his face before turning to watch the other three.

I hear the alpha of the other pack sigh before nodding, looking defeated. He turns and looks at all the wolves who are staring at him in confusion. I see alpha Xavier walk towards the other alpha with only shorts on and stop in front of him. He looks to Sarah.

"Sarah you were supposed to stay inside. Why did you disobey me?" He asks, frowning.

"I'm really sorry, Alpha. It's just... well, I smelt something... everyone said to follow it so I did... and we'll..." her quiet voice trails off at the end as she looks at the guy standing next to her.