11

Hunters POV

I wake up with someone's head on my bare chest. I look down to see Maddy sleeping against me.

I tap her on the shoulder lightly until she stirs and starts to wake up. I watch as she looks around the room then at me. I smile and she returns it before yawning widely and stretching, pushing herself up on the bed. I stay lying back, with my hands under my head.

"Morning." She says happily.

"Morning." I smile back at her.

She gets out of bed in her pyjama shorts and top before heading over to our closet. I got some guys to bring her stuff here. She looks at me and cocks her head to the side.

"Aren't you going to get dressed?" She asks. I shake my head.

"No. My dad needs to talk to me about something and he said I can stay off. You can stay off if you like as well." I suggest. She shakes her head glumly.

"I can't stay off on the first day of school. My brother would kill me... And then you."

I chuckle at the last part and shake my head, watching as she gets changed.

My wolf looks over her body with desire but she puts the closet door in front of her, hiding her body from view. I growl at this and hear a chuckle from behind the closet. I stand up and stretch, swinging my legs out the bed and standing up.

I go to the door of the closet and step around it to see Maddy, almost fully dressed. I snake my arms around her waist and trail kisses up and down her neck while she was obviously going weak in the knees.

I chuckle against her neck and growl at her, "You're mine".

She pulls away and turns to face me, wrapping her tiny hands around my neck. I lean in for a kiss but growl softly when she puts a hand on my lips.

"I need to go to school." She says, pulling away from me and putting her hair up and make up on.

I watch before going to the shower, stripping down and turning it on to let the water engulf me. I hear the bedroom door close to show Maddy left for school and got out the shower, drying myself and getting dressed in a white shirt and black trousers.

I walk downstairs, my hair dripping slightly, to be met by my father and mother. My mother lives in her and my fathers house, although dad spends most his time in the pack house and I don't have a room at my parents house.

My mother, Lily, looks over joyed but is evidently trying to keep calm, while my father just smiles proudly at me.

"Son, Alpha Xavier would like to see you." He smiles.

I raise an eyebrow in confusion but follow my parents into the sitting room, where Alpha Xavier waits. He doesn't like going in the office for pack business unless it's with other Alphas. He motions for me to sit and I obey, sitting myself on the couch opposite him.

"Hunter, I hear you have found your second chance mate?" He asks me.

My parents stand next to the couch I'm sitting on.

"Yes, Alpha." I say proudly.

"Well, I've talked to your parents and we believe your dad is ready to step down. If you agree, you shall take his place. You have found your mate and you are 18 so you have all the qualifications. If you believe you're ready, you shall become beta of the Silver Moon pack." He says.

I stare at him, opening and closing my mouth. I don't know what to say! There are so many questions running through my head right now.

Am I ready? Will I be able to be beta? What if the pack doesn't approve? What if I make a mistake? What happens if I can't be a good enough beta? My wolf seems to get sick of hearing my thoughts as I'm basically forced to say, "yes."