10

Unknown POV

I looked at my brother -or more, glared- as he pulled me away from my mate. Who does that?!

He knows that I was moving schools to find my mate, he knows that I won't stop until I'm with my mate! He knows I've been looking for my one true love for years!

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY SISTER!" He screams.

I wince slightly at the amount of anger in his eyes. Looking at my mate, I see his face change to complete shock as he looks from me to Aiden.

He's pretty cute to be honest. He has brown hair, blue eyes and a baby face. Wow, the moon goddess must have been in a good mood when she chose my mate!

I pull out of Aidens arms and walk to my mate, who snaps his gaze to me. I get lost in his blue eyes. They're so mesmerising.

"What's your name, love?" He asks softly. I smile.

"Madeline. Just call me Maddy." I say.

"You?" I tilt my head to the side.

"Well, Maddy. It's a pleasure to meet you. My name's Hunter."

I gaze at him and try to ignore the fact my brother's shaking with anger. I see out the corner of my eye a pretty girl with blonde wavy hair and green eyes approach us, placing her hand softly on Aidens bicep, making him calm down instantly. She looks at Hunter and has a smug look on her face.

"Well, Hunter. She looks a lot nicer than the last one." The girl says to my mate, winking. I look at Hunter with a puzzled expression, but he barely glances at me. The last one?

"You don't know what she looked like. And besides. Who needs her. I have Maddy." He finally looks back at me and smiles.

"The last one?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. He sighs.

"I didn't want to say anything to upset you, but Lexi over there kinda ruined it. You see, you're my second chance mate." He says, looking at me for a reaction.

"And? Just because I'm not your first mate, I still love you. And I hope you feel the same way..." I say.

I try to act confident although my wolf is whimpering in the back of my mind. Second chance mates don't love each other as much as normal mates. He looks relieved.

"The other one, my first mate rejected me without looking twice. She was pregnant with another males baby." He laughs bitterly.

My heart aches for him. It's so hard to be rejected by a mate. I lean in for a kiss but get yanked back quickly.

"NOPE! Not when I'm around!" I hear Aiden yell.

"So, we can do it as long as you're not looking? If that's the case, turn round." I grin.

He just huffs and let's go of me. Hunter seems to have just realised that Aiden was my brother, as he looks shocked.

"You two know each other?" I ask.

This time, my brothers mate answers.

"Me and Hunter have been best friends since childhood, and when his mate showed up to his pack he came to us. Aiden... doesn't like him much.." she says.

"Yeah, that part, my brother makes obvious." I roll my eyes and she chuckles.

"Ok, little sis. I need to set some rules." Aiden says sternly.

Oh great. His overprotective brother side is coming out. How fun. Note the sarcasm.

I sigh in frustration as he continues, "ok, you," He points at Hunter,