For The River

I want you.

I want you.

I want you. That's all that ran through your mind.

The way he said it.

The way he left after he said it. You could only imagine the look on his face.

I can say it to your face if you'd like my sweet.

No. I would not like you to do that.

Why won't you accept any of my presents for you sweetheart?

Because they are awful! And don't call me that! I will never be your sweetheart!

You think that...büţ Ï ţhıñk øţhëřwïśë. A chill went down your spine.

I'll be down in an hour or so. I'm out doing business, so I may be a while.

A spark of hope shot through you. He was busy, and you were alone. Maybe you could manage to escape somehow. You had to think of something, fast.

You looked at your surroundings; the table of torture devices to your left, the stairs leading up to the door on your right. That's all that mattered. Everything else was just the basics to have the house heated, have water, and everything else. The only thing you didn't know, was how to get out of the chair.

You rocked back and forth, trying to make it tip over. After a minute or two, you finally fell. You slammed the side of your face into the floor, where a nail from a floor board was slightly sticking out. Your face bled out a little.

Wait...You thought. You slid yourself up with your feet, so your hands were level with the nail.

You somehow managed, to cut the rope tying you right hand with the nail. You reached up to the table, and grabbed a small knife. You cut the rope holding your left hand, and your hands were free.

And finally, you cut the rope holding your feet together. You ran up the stairs, and Anti didn't even lock the door. Your smile grew by the second.

You ran to the front door; locked.

D**n it!

Then you remembered, there was always a spare key in the kitchen, in one of the drawers. You looked through every one...

The last one was gave you hope; you had found the key. You were shaking as you unlocked the door, and ran outside.

You didn't bother running down the hill and to the town. No one would believe you if you told them about it. You already tried that a year ago. Instead, you ran behind the house, deeper into the woods.

What you were doing reminded you of a song actually. And Jack told you when you first moved to Ireland, there was a river a few miles behind the house. You sang the song in your mind.

Nowhere to hide cause someone's always gonna find you.
Trying to breathe with everybody right behind you.
Scattering leaves to try to cover up the footprints.
Water ahead cause I can hear it in the distance.

I'm running for the river.
Cause the river's running high and there ain't no going back.
They'll never catch me.

I'm running for the river.
You could ride,
You could fly,
You could tell 'em that you tried,
But there ain't no going back.
They'll never catch me.

Tell 'em that you tried,
But you're never gonna catch me!

Oh really? I think I will.