5. Helicarrier Lab.

TONY POV:
29th May 2012: Helicarrier: Lab:
Furious, Natasha and I head back to the lab to see how much they've figured out so far. As we approach the room we can't hear what she's saying, but Scarlet is talking, a lot. Furious gives me a look of confusion, I had told them she doesn't talk much. We reach the door and silently open it, still looking at Banner, not noticing us, her face lights up.

I'm surprised she doesn't have a glowing light bulb floating above her head.

She speaks louder than usual, excitement in her voice "The hospital couldn't find anything wrong with me, we never found out what it had done to me. This must be it, it turned me invisible!" When she stops anx jumps up off the stool, she looks like she's about to hug Banner, but I interrupt "I have never heard you speak so much." They both turn to me, but the smile doesn't disappear from her face, then she notices the Pirate and Natasha, her smile disappears and her eyes go wide, she sits back down looking at her hands "Don't stop now, keep talking, I've never heard you that happy." She looks up and gives me a small smile "Doctor, may we speak to you?" "Of course, we'll be right back okay?" Banner speaks to Scarlet and she gives him a nod, before we all step into a nearby room, we leave the lab door open "What have you found out, Doctor?" The Pirate wants to get straight to the point "Okay, I'll put everything I know in order of when it happened. She was born in England, was bullied at school when she was a child, so when she was 11 she was home-schooled by her mother, a teacher. Her father is a scientist, with his lab in the basement and she would help him. When she was 14, an experiment blew up, glass flew at her and some chemicals spilt on her, the hospital couldn't find anything wrong with her, apart from the glass wounds. At some point between then and now her family moved here, she doesn't have any friends, she started working for Stark. She's shy but not being around people she wasn't comfortable with meant she wasn't too bad, Pepper scared her because she was too enthusiastic. When she became too shy she turned invisible. Also when she gets a fright she turns invisible, she believes, as do I, that she can become invisible because of the chemicals." We're all quiet for a moment thinking about and absorbing all the information.

I'm surprised he managed to get so much out of her, but he didn't mention her turning cold.

"I have something to add. The more invisible she becomes the colder she gets. When I first brought her to the lab, when she was hiding behind me, we were holding hands, she was already a little cold and a little pale, she had started to panic on the helicopter about all this so I took her hand. But her hand got increasingly colder when she saw you three, her hand was like ice, when I looked down I couldn't see her hand, but I could still feel her. Once Banner started approaching he managed to relax her a bit, she started warming up and could be seen again." Furious nods his head as he starts talking "Okay, this is all adding up, all making sense. Now I need you to test her, you said she turns when she gets a fright and is shy, we need to see what else triggers it and if she can choose when to change. I'll leave it to you, Doctor, you seem to be the best with her." "Hey! She's been working with me."

He couldn't have forgotten I'm the one that told him about her.

"I know, but she seems more comfortable with the Doctor, perhaps because he is used to keeping himself calm, he's good at calming others." Without letting me say anything more he walks out, Natasha follows him out. Banner and I head back to the lab, the door is still open but Scarlet isn't on the stool where we left her.

Uh oh.