59. Dream.

SCARLET POV:
Under the sea: Dream:
Whilst everyone sits around trying to figure things out, I turn myself invisible and curl up in one of the chairs.

I don't know what to think, what to do, what if everything I have done is only because those creatures wanted me to do them.

I yawn.

No! I can't sleep, I feel like if I do, I'll see them again... Or maybe I should, maybe that will help us.

I let sleep take over my body. I open my eyes to find myself somewhere new, not in the city of New York, there's no fighting or screams surrounding me. As I glance around I can see that I'm... underwater and I can breathe just fine, I can see the creatures swimming around, carrying items and passing them between each other.

I don't think they've noticed me. But what are they doing?

I creep my way towards them, hiding in anyway that I can, they are talking to each other, in a language I can't understand.

It looks like they might be building something or fixing something.

As I get even closer I can see the items are pieces of different types of metal, there's a pile of metal in front of each creature in this area, they're breaking it apart and turning them into weapons, jagged daggers by the looks of it. One of them takes some metal from a pile in front of a different creature, it responds by aggressively wiggling its tongue.

Ooh he didn't like that!

The other one pounces on him, they tumble around at the bottom of the sea, until another creature approaches, unnoticed. He picks up two of the newly made daggers and forces them into their skulls.

He killed them! His own people!

The others turn away and get busy making more weapons. As I scan my surroundings, I can see there are more creatures. It's not just the 5 Steve saw, there are loads of them.

The other ships must have arrived unnoticed or maybe they all arrived together?

The one who seems to be in charge, wanders around, watching them, occasionally hissing at them if they slow down or stop entirely, but they all keep talking. I walk in a slightly different direction, constantly keeping an eye out for places to hide. I come across a group of them gathered around a patch of sand, I try to see what they're looking at, but they are too closely huddled.

If only they'd move!

It's like I can control them, as they walk away like there was nothing of interest there to start with.

That was odd, stop complaining and look!

I run over to the area, carved into the sand are a load of lines and circles.

That makes no sense whatsoever, to me anyway.

I hear something behind me and turn around just in time to come face to face with one of the creatures, holding up a dagger and wiggling its tongue at me.

I need to be brave, I need to be brave... What anklet am I wearing today?

I think back to that morning...

Red, yes I'm wearing bravery! Probably why I didn't cry earlier, good going lion!

I put on a fearless expression and stare at the creature in front of me "What are you planning?" It looks a little taken-back by my change "Are you here to rule over the humans? If you are, I'm sorry, many have tried, none have succeeded." "We do not want humans... alive. You will all fall, the planet will be ours." He creeps closer with his blade "You shall be the first to fall."

Not today.

I close my eyes and think of the Avengers, my friends, my family... Natasha.