50. 12th June 2012.

SCARLET POV:
12th June 2012: Helicarrier:
I wake up and look at the clock 7:12am, I visit the bathroom and head to the mess hall, in my pyjamas, it's rather quiet and empty, so I sit on my own. Then I head back to my room, get dressed, put my hair up and make myself look as presentable as I can. The clock now says 8:09am, I head to the break room, where the Avengers are finishing eating, Natasha speaks first "I was going to wake you up, but thought you might want the extra rest." "Actually, I've been awake for an hour, had breakfast and got ready." "Oh yeah, you're in the uniform, you ready for some fun?" "Sure, why not." We smile at each other, I walk over to Bruce with the note I wrote last night "I had to turn visible at this time to warm myself up from the freezing shower, I forgot I was still invisible." That makes him laugh "It's good to know you can stay focussed when not really thinking about it." "Yeah, that'll be useful for today." Tony, the only Avenger who wasn't already in the room, walks in "What're you doing today?"

Wait, doesn't he know?

"Fury said he'd speak to you all." Clint answers "He did, but Stark decided he didn't want to go to another meeting about our mission, so we decided not to tell him." We all laugh a little "Tell me what? Hang on a second, why are you in a S.H.I.E.L.D uniform, you're mine remember?" "Tony, I still work for you and I'm helping you on the mission." "WHAT!?" Clint starts laughing "I knew he would take it well." We sit and discuss the mission until 8:30am, then we make our way to a quinjet, on the way we stop by the armoury, everyone who wasn't already in their uniforms, get ready, the rest grab weapons. Natasha hands me a gun and some ammo.

This just got real.

She gives me a reassuring smile "Just in case." "Right, thanks." We get in the quinjet and are on our way, we go over the plan, whilst in the air.

SCARLET POV:
12th June 2012: HYDRA Base:
The quinjet lands in a forest, we all step quietly, as we walk to the edge of the tree line, we duck below some bushes "Good luck." Steve whispers to Natasha and me, I turn invisible and run across the open field between the forest and the half hidden HYDRA base, Natasha creeps around the edge quickly but silently, as she blends in with the shadows. I need to wipe the system, she's getting to the security room and destroying the paper copies, we're going to different sides of the facility. I creep around the building until I find the entrance I've been looking for, an air vent. I take off the gate and crawl in, I struggle to turn, but manage just enough to shut off my exit behind me as not to seem suspicious. I crawl through the vent, trying to listen out for anything important throughout the facility, the vent seems to be growing smaller. I pull out a piece of paper from my pocket, it's a map of the facility, I look for the place I'm heading and figure out where I entered, I put the paper back in my pocket and keep crawling "I'm in." Natasha speaks over the ear piece.

I need to hurry up.

The vent gets even smaller forcing me flat onto my stomach, finally I reach the closest room to my destination. The gate is stiff, but with all my strength and a loud thud, it falls off.

Uh oh, I hope that didn't alert anyone to my presence.

"Scarlet, how are you getting on?" I hear Steve's voice over the ear piece. I nervously poke my head out of the vent to see if anyone noticed, I'm in a storage room, no people, no cameras.

Thank goodness.

I look down to see the vent is almost at the ceiling, I hadn't realised I had crawled upwards "The vent is a lot tighter than expected, couldn't stay on my knees. I'm at my opening, just got to get out of the vent and to the location." I try to move my legs out from under me, but there isn't enough space, I'm stuck facing the almost 2 metre drop "Just be careful." "How's best to get down from a 2 metre drop? I'm on my stomach, I can't get my legs in front of me, can't turn round." "I'm afraid you'll have to fall, is there anyone around?" "Nope, already checked for cameras and people, if anyone heard me they would already be here, the gate was super stiff." I push my body out, it's difficult with the position I'm in, but I manage it, Steve says something but I don't hear it as I hit the floor "Ow." I use the wall to help me stand, gripping my head, trying to stop the room from spinning. The dizziness disappears, I walk towards the door and gasp slightly as I see my reflection.

Oh no, when did that happen!?

I think of cold things until my body turns invisible once again "Scarlet? You there?" "Yes, sorry." "You weren't answering, are you alright?" "A little lightheaded but I'm out of the vent. I'm going to make my way to the location." I open the door, as quietly as I can and poke my head out of the room, a few people are nearby.

I need to be silent and careful.

Natasha and Steve begin talking "Security cameras out of action, I'm on my way to destroy paper copies."