[HISTFIC] L'ANGE DE LA MORT: THE ART OF REVOLUTION by poznati

L'ANGE DE LA MORT: THE ART OF REVOLUTION by poznati

Gabriel Laroche is both a young French noble and skilled assassin who, under the direction of a ruthless underground organization, blindly murders members of the French court to save his younger sister from a life of lies and deceit. However, when Gabriel's life is threatened, he must choose between himself or the future of France.

Gabriel's best friend and assistant, Jean Chaffee, seems to have the perfect life. He's charming, handsome, and son of the wealthy Count de Coigny. He spends his days as the center of attention at court, never letting on that there is something missing in his life that he'd do anything to get. The English courtier Lizabeth Morgan's life is turned upside down when she's sent to live in Versailles. Not only does she have to adjust to court life in France, she also has to keep a secret. A secret that could change France as she knows it.

As a commoner living in the bowels of Paris, Marie Chevelle has no problem killing off nobility. That is, until she finds herself trying to save Gabriel' life. Welcome to Versailles, France 1787. Where the only things more prevalent than opulence and wealth, are secrets.

- In the ever so enchanting period of 1700 France, lives a tale of an assassin protecting his sister from the dangerous life of a noble, a french nobleman, an English courtier with a deadly secret, and a commoner with questionable morals, each of them learning to prevail amidst a web of secrets hidden behind the luxurious exterior of Versailles. A beautiful book with a captivating storyline and awe-inspiring imagery. (Missnutcracker)

- I just recently caught up with this story. It has great and complex characters, it's well-written with vivid imagery and has an interesting story. (Thomas-LF)

- A fantastic read. poznati has a talent for conjuring images and weaving a tale. (katkeenan)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!