Chapter Five

When I got inside I took a seat in the back of the stadium not wanting to interact with anyone.

Once the stadium was full of students, the one and only Present Mic appeared and tried to get the students hyped for the exam which had failed miserably.

I'll be honest, I wasn't really paying that much attention. I only payed attention to the important stuff.

In the practical test we are not allowed to fight other students. Doing so would result in an automatic disqualification. We get to show off our quirk by defeating multiple robotic villains. E ach defeated Villain Bot is worth a certain amount of points.

1 point - easy villains
2 points - medium villains
3 points - hard villains
0 points - arena traps

Arena Traps are massive Villain Bots scattered through the city replicas in order to trap and weed out people from getting high scores. They're not meant to be fought, but meant to cause a distraction.

Once Present Mic finally finished exposing the rules we got assigned to our battle centers.

There was still no signs of Connie which was very disappointing. But I didn't have time to worry about her. This practical exam will determine my future.

As the gate opened I and a few others ran right through. I remember Pearl telling me that there wouldn't be a countdown because this was supposed to replicate a real battle. And battles don't have count downs.

Without even being in the fake city for a minute I was already attacked by a 1 pointer.

I created crystals underneath its feet and flipped it over onto its back. Just in case, I made a few more crystals and used them to go through its head.

There were more 1 pointers around, so used the same trick on all of them.

As I moved closer into the city 2 and 3 pointers were there to greet me.

After finishing a 2 pointer, I saw a boy with brown hair and green olive eyes fighting a 3. A 2 was quickly approaching him from behind getting ready to give a painful blow. But before it could make contact with him, I was able to separate him and the 2 pointer with a wall of crystals and impaled the 3 pointer.

The boy thanked me in what seemed to be sign language. I told him that I didn't understand him. He pulled out a mini white board and started writing on it.

"What I tried to tell you was thank you for saving me! My name is Oliver Meek. My quirk is Plant manipulation. Although it's not strong, I still strive to be a hero!" It read.

"That's awesome Oliver! My name is (Y/n) Universe! I actually have two quirks, crystallize and fusion. But crystallize is my main quirk. I hope that we both pass and be in the same class!" I said. We quickly said our goodbyes and continued what we both came here to do!

~•~

After the exam was over I collapsed onto the ground grunting in pain. I accidentally overused my quirk. There were at least 20 crystals scattered through out my body. Blood was slowly dripping from each cut they made.

     As I kept on trying to ignore the pain, felt someone gently tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw that it was Oliver.

    "I noticed that you were bleeding and I wanted to help. I got you some bandages from Recovery Girl, but now that I think about it, I don't know how the bandages would work since those crystals would get in the way..." the board read.

"Oh! Well that was very thoughtful of you Oliver. But don't worry, the crystals will eventually just fall out. So I'll need those bandages later!" I said. I shakily took the bandages from him and shoved them into my pocket.

     He poked me again, but this time with a little more force. The board read "I was wondering if we could be friends? I don't really have any... and if you do want to be friends can we exchange number....?"

     "I would love to be your friend! I've been homeschooled most my life so I need friends! And here, I'll write down my number on your board so you can text me later."

     "Thank you (Y/n)."

     "No problem Oliver. Well I have to go now. It was nice meeting you!" He gave me a shy wave goodbye as I left. I'm happy that I left here with a friend.