Chapter 21

"OI! SHIT FACE, WAKE UP!"

"AHHH I'M UP." I immediately shot up. Remembering what happened I got up and prepared to fight. "How long was I out?"

"Probably 5 minutes or so." Said todoroki.

"Huh! A new record! Now, what happened in those 5 minutes?"

"All might defeated the Nomu, but there's still two more villains."

I looked over at the two, Shigaraki was furiously scratching his neck. As I got a closer look, I noticed that there were visible scars from other times he possibly scratched his neck. Looks like he does that when he stress.

I took my eyes off them and observed the others.

All Might was bleeding, but he's still standing and smiling. So does that me he's okay?

Bakugo looked angry as hell.

Todoroki showed no emotion.

And Midoriya... I've never seen him so worried.

"Hey Midoriya, are you alright? You aren-

"No else knows... All might..." I heard him mumbled.

"Huh? Knows what?"

"U-Uh nothing! It's.. nothing.." I knew he was lying, but this wasn't the right time to pester him about it.

I then got a bad feeling. I looked behind me saw a group of villains headed our way.

"Guys, we might have a problem."

"Midoriya, are you going to join us and help fight them?" Asked todoroki.

There was no reply.

Then Shigaraki charged at All Might.

My instincts took over and shot crystals at him. Attempting to slow him down. He avoided all of them. I even made a wall to separate him from All Might, but he just disintegrate it.

Kurogiri was by shigaraki's side. They were almost to all might when Midoriya jumped at them.

It all happened so fast. Shigaraki quickly turned towards him.

"NO! MIDORIYA!" I tried to go after him, but Kirishima stopped me.

"You won't make it in time! Plus you might get captured!"

"Let me go! Please!" He didn't.

I was able to rip my wrist away from him, but he just grabbed waist and kept me in place.

I then felt a tingling sensation in my stomach, but I ignored it.

I tried to throw some crystals at them, but instead a pink light came out of my stomach and formed what seemed to be a shield.

As if it knew what I wanted, it flew right at shigaraki's hand and knocked the hand away from Midoriya.

Barely a second later, a bullet hit him.

I looked over and saw (( M C C R  E E )) the pro hero Snipe.

Finally, reinforcements!

Two more bullets were shot, making Shigaraki unable to fight.

"Ah! Midoriya you idiot!" Kirishima let go me and I ran to the boy on the ground.

"Y-You saves me (Y/n), how... how did you do that?" Me and him looked over at the pink shield that laid beside us.

I hesitatingly grabbed it. It was light, and beautiful. It also felt really durable.

"Kurogiri grab the girl, NOW!"

The gas than shot at me. Midoriya jumped in front of me, using himself as a human shield.

I grabbed his shoulder and shoved him behind me. "No! I won't let you that Midoriya. You're already injured enough."

I waited for the impact, but it never came. I opened my eyes and couldn't believe who I saw.

It was Pearl.

I then felt a strong arm pick me up. I looked and saw it was garnet, and she had Midoriya in her other arm.

As I was being carried away, I saw all the pro heroes and pearl and Amethyst attempt to restrain the two villains. But, they were able to get away.

~•~

I sat next to Midoriya, not wanting to leave his side just yet.

"You can't act so recklessly Midoriya, you're very intelligent, but you don't think before you do things.."

His face had a light blush. He then chuckled. "I guess I could say the same to you (Y/n)."

"Hahaha, I guess you're right."

Our laughter was interrupted by an exhausted and angry Pearl.

"Uh, Hey Pearl. Thanks for what you did!"

"You..." her voice was shaky. "...you shouldn't be anywhere near the fight (Y/n)! You knew that they wanted you, but you decided to act selfishly! You shouldn't be anywhere near the fight, you're to important!"

I felt rage consume my body. All I saw was red
"I. Am. NOT!" I shouted at her. I got up from sitting beside Midoriya, and stomped up to Pearl.

"YES YOU ARE!"

"NO!" I felt tears prick my eyes. I was hating where this was going, but for some reason I couldn't stop.

"UGH! WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET ME DO THIS FOR YOU ROSE?!"

I gasped in shock.

"Ah, (Y/n), I-I mean, why won't you let Midoriya do this for you... he wanted to protect you."

"So he should sacrifice his LIFE?! For mine?! We just met! Beside, I want to protect others that's why I came to this school Pearl."

Garnet then approached. She tried end this argument. But I'm not going to let up on it.

"Back off Garnet! You.. you.. guys only see me as my mom. Look Pearl, I don't know what my mom was to you, but I'm not here. SO STOP TREATING ME LIKE HER! SHE'S GONE AND SHE'S NEVER GOING TO COMEBACK!" Tears were now pouring down my face.

I looked behind me and saw Midoriya with wide eyes. Feeling embarrassed, I ran off.

I didn't care that the police needed me, I could always handle that later. I just needed to be alone.
________________________________
Oof, sorry for being angsty. Hope you enjoy today's chapter!

 Hope you enjoy today's chapter!

Fanart by yxdeku