Chapter 22

"Tch, of course it's raining

"Tch, of course it's raining..." I said to myself.

Getting tired of walking, I sat down on a bench and stared at the lake.

Right now I'm at the park where Bakugo saved me. I've never felt more angry than I did now.

I wish Mom was here, she'd help me. She'd cheer me up. Why did she leave me?

Ah shut up (Y/n), you're pitying yourself. Act like an adult.

But I don't want to be the adult. Why can't I mourn too?

I hung head back and looked up to the cloud sky.

Drops of rain fell on my face. I closed my eyes and let the rain fall.

As I was enjoying this little peaceful moment, I heard rustling in near by bushes. It caught my attention, but ignored it, thinking it was nothing.

I heard it again, but this time it was louder.

"Grrrrr"

"Squeak! Squ-"

The squeaking stopped, whatever is in that bush is not human.

For some reason I felt the need to at least have some sort of protection.

I made a crystal shard that was about the size of a hairbrush. I held it in my dominant hand and slowly but quietly made my way closer to bush.

It was still rustling. I kept moving forward, I could feel the adrenaline in my veins. I completely forgot about the fight and all I could think about was what was in that gosh darn bush!

"CRACK!"

I flinched at the sound and looked down. I accidentally stepped on stick and broke it.

Now feeling scared I slowly looked up. I noticed the bush had stopped making noise.

I saw two beady eyes stare right at me.

"Grrrrrrrr"

I felt the wind pick up and the rain start to hit harder. But all I could focus on was what was in front of me. If I turned away, it could attack. If I stayed here, it could attack! Dammit! What should I do?!

My thoughts were then interrupted when the beast jumped on me, it swiped away the crystal from my hand and had me pinned to the muddy ground.