chapter 3

A/N: HI guys! I wanted to update earlier but i wasn't feeling well earlier today but thankfully, i feel better now so i decided to update anyway. Enjoy and don't forget to recommend this story :)

CHAPTER 3

WHEN THEY reached the dining room, Kellan and their mother were already sitting on their respective seats while waiting for them.

"Seat down and let's eat" their mother said. Gaelle glanced at the chair beside Jillian. She was about to sit there when Kellan spoke.

"Sit here" he said and then pulled the chair for her.

"No, it's okay. I'll just sit here" she answered and then sat on her chosen chair which was just beside Jillian. She could see the anger in Kellan's eyes. He's staring at her while clenching his jaw. Jillian and their mother were just quietly staring at them with confusion in their eyes. She suddenly felt awkward and uneasy around them but she tried her best not to show it and smiled.

"Let's eat" she uttered. They began eating but Kellan remained quiet while Jillian on the other hand was very talkative.

"Mom, ate and I are going to go somewhere later" Jillian informed their mother.

"That's nice. Where do you plan to go to?"

"Just at the mall, mom. I just want to be with ate. You know, to have a bonding time with her and other stuff" Jillian answered and then smiled at Gaelle. She smiled faintly. She has been feeling uncomfortable and awkward since a while ago because she could feel Kellan's hot stare at her and she couldn't meet his eyes at all.

She tried to finish her food even though she didn't have an appetite.

"Such as wrong timing. I really want to come with you two but I have a lot scheduled patients that are waiting for me at the hospital today" Her mother said with evident disappointment.

"It's okay, mom. You can always come with us next time" Jillian assured their mother.

"I'll drive you two" the three of them got surprised when Kellan suddenly spoke. He remained quiet since a while ago. Their attention focused to him.

"I-It's okay. We can just t-take a cab" Gaelle wanted to hit herself when she stuttered. She gulped inaudibly when she saw his eyes darkened.

"No, I insist"

"It's okay, kuya. We'll just use my car" She felt relieved when she heard what Jillian said while Kellan on the other hand heaved a sigh.

"No. I'll be going to the mall anyway. I have something to buy there so let's just go together" Jillian rolled her eyes.

"Fine" She finally agreed in resignation and continued eating while Gaelle was feeling uneasy on her seat. She wanted to protest but she doesn't want to give her mother and Jillian an idea about her and Kellan's past relationship.

WHILE they were inside the car, driving to the mall, Kellan was quiet the whole time while driving. While Jillian on the other hand was so talkative as always even though she was sitting alone at the back seat. Gaelle wanted to sit together with Jillian at the back but Kellan insisted for her to sit in front with him.

"This is so awesome. I am with my brother and sister. It's just pity that mom couldn't come with us. Our family's not complete. It's more fun if we're complete" Jillian said as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Brat, I just want to clear it out that Gaelle and I aren't family" Her heart tightened because of what he said. This jerk! If he doesn't want to consider her as a part of his family then, fine. Whatever!