chapter 11

A/N: I keep on receiving update requests on my story TB&TP 1 but much as i want to write, i really don't have time for now. Maybe, i'll start updating it again on the first week of September because my Sunday work will be finished by that time. I hope you understand :)

"JILLIAN, tita!" Desiree squealed happily and then got out of the pool. Jillian took the towel which was on the lounge chair and then gave it to Desiree for her to use to dry herself. After that, she greeted them by hugging his sister and step-mother.

Kellan decided to get out of the pool as well.

"Meet my daughter, Desiree. She's Gaelle, Gaelle, this is Desiree, one of Kellan's good friends" Gaelle smiled blandly but she still shook hands with Desiree.

"I didn't know that Kellan has another sister aside from Jillian" he wanted to correct her but an idea suddenly appeared in his head.

He put an arm over Desiree's shoulders and pulled her closer to him.

"Hey, you need to take a shower and change your wet clothes. You'll get sick if you let it dry on you" his step-mother said.

"What were the both of you thinking going in the pool with your clothes on? You still do that until now. Goodness! You haven't changed" she continued while shaking her head. He and Desiree used to hang out a lot together during those times that they weren't that busy at school. There were times too that they were with their friends. She went to the same school like him in Manila that's why they really had a lot of time to see each other and hang out. People often mistook them to be a couple which they found it laughable and ridiculous.

"Sorry to interrupt guys but I need to do something upstairs. I'll go inside the house ahead of you. Enjoy yourself, Desiree. It's nice meeting you, by the way" Gaelle suddenly said and then walked away from them.

"What happened to her? She was in a good mood until a minute ago but now, she looked like she ate something bitter" Jillian said worriedly.

"Just let her be, Jillian" their mother answered his sister but her eyes were focused on him.

"Mom, can you assist Desiree to the bathroom, please? I just need to do something. I'm sorry, Des. I'll talk to you later" he said before he left them there without waiting for their answers. He hurriedly went upstairs and then went to the room which Gaelle was occupying.

He knocked but he didn't receive any response. He tried to open the door but it was locked.

"Gaelle" he called for her when she didn't open the door after he knocked a couple of times.

"Leave me alone!" he could hear the anger in her voice. His eyebrows creased.

"No! Let me in" He insisted but he didn't hear any further response. He tried knocking for a couple of times again but he received nothing but silence. He tried for a couple of times more but when she didn't answer, he suddenly felt worried. Two minutes have passed but he couldn't hear any sound inside. He quickly went to get the spare key and then opened the door.

The worry that he was feeling doubled when he didn't see her inside the room. He checked the terrace but she wasn't there either. He opened the shower room and he sighed in relief when she saw her in the bath tub.

"What the hell are you doing in here?! How did you get in?!" she was obviously surprised but her voice held anger too. He didn't answer her questions and just approached her with his eyes squinted in anger.

"Are you out of your mind?! Do you even have any idea how worried I was when you weren't answering while I was calling for you outside the door for how many minutes?! I thought something bad has happened to you!" his jaw tightened. He bended forward a little bit and then took her hand. He forced her to stand up. She tried to pull her hand from his grip but he didn't let it go. Instead, he cupped her nape and then kissed her lips to silence her. It was effective because she went silent.