chapter 32

Happy weekend everyone! Enjoy reading! 

 GAELLE slowly opened her eyes when she woke up but instead of getting up right away, she just stayed lying in her bed while staring blankly at the ceiling. She heaved a deep sigh when the face of the only man she loved and kept on loving until now popped up on her mind.

She chuckled humorlessly. It looks like it was already impossible for her to forget about him and remove her love for Kellan. No matter how much resentment and anger she was feeling right now, that couldn't kill her love for him. She was certain about that because she could feel that the love she has for him didn't even decrease since she left him.

He should consider himself lucky because until now, he's the only man her heart wants and keep on loving.

Her heart clenched painfully as she remembered his handsome face; his green eyes as he stares at her so lovingly and his lips that never failed to make her lose her sanity just by his kisses.

She felt her eyes heated up as tears clouded her gaze. She took a deep breath in order to calm herself down and to stop herself from crying. It's been a week since she came back in France but her longing for Kellan never even decreased one bit. She missed him a lot and she couldn't deny that fact no matter what she does.

Everything that happened was still hurting her and whenever she remembers about it, the pain in her chest kept on getting worse. She caressed her tummy and a smile occurred on her lips when she felt her still small baby bump which serves as a proof that a life was slowly growing up there; the fruit of her and Kellan's love.

These past few days, their unborn child served as her strength to avoid getting too sad and stressed out from thinking about what happened between her and Kellan. She didn't let the pain get the best of her because she knew that her baby would get affected if she let the negative emotions eat her.

She tried her best not to think about Kellan often but it was so hard to do so. But even so, her unborn child in her tummy served as her happiness and diversion to forget even just for a while. She haven't given birth to her baby yet but she already knew that she would love her/him so much, more than her own life.

"Stay put, baby. Don't worry, we'll both be okay. I'm here for you. Mommy will always be here for you" she said to her baby while caressing her tummy full of love. And just like that, she felt calmer.

She was about to get up from her bed when she heard someone knocking at the door.

"Chérie, are already awake?" her eyebrows creased and then glanced at the digital clock. It was already 9 am and she thought her parents already left for work. She got up from the bed and then strode her way towards the door to open it. It was her maman Belinda.

"Oui, maman?"

"It's good that you're finally awake. Do you want to come with me at the store? You've been nothing but staying home since you arrived from the Philippines. You know that it's not good for your baby. You need to exercise even if you just take a walk" she suggested, worry was evident on her face. Gaelle smiled faintly.

She wanted to tell her that she didn't want to go out but she knew that they're getting affected of what's happening to her and about her actions lately. They're already getting worried about her.

When her parents heard about what happened between her and Kellan, they got so furious and told her that leaving Kellan was just right for him. They said that she just did the right thing.

"Okay, maman. I'll just take a bath" joy and relief illustrated on her mother's face. It looks like she wasn't expecting for her to agree to go with her.