chapter 30

Happy reading guys! 

KELLAN was even whistling happily while walking towards the section of the grocery where the brand of the soap that Gaelle uses was located. He's happy because he felt like everything's starting to fall into place again. Even though he knew that he still has to exert a lot of effort to fix everything, it's still alright, because they're finally moving forward step by step even though it's just for a little bit.

He smiled when he found what he was looking for. He was about to pick one soap up when his cellphone rang. His eyebrows knitted together as he pulled his phone out of the pocket of his pants.

His forehead wrinkled even more when he saw that Beatrice was the one calling. He huffed.

He didn't have any plan of answering it because he wanted to focus on Gaelle the entire day but he realized that she might tell him about something important about Brett that's why she's calling. He heaved a sigh and then pressed the answer button.

"Hello"

"Kellan, I need you here with me right now"

"Why? Did something happen to Brett?" he suddenly got worried about the child.

"Nothing really but we need you here now. You need to come over here as soon as possible" he let out a sharp breath because of what he just heard.

"Beatrice, I can't come over right now. There's no reason for me to go there today and besides, I can't come right now because I am with Gaelle. I promised her that I would be with her the entire day. It's our day together today. I'll come over to see Brett tomorrow"

"And you're really going to choose that woman instead of me and our son? Fine. If you're not going to come here now, you won't ever see Brett ever again because we'll be leaving this afternoon. I want you to come here because I wanted to discuss my plan of leaving the country. You choose, come over here right now or else, you won't see our son ever again" she threatened and based on the tone of her voice, she was really serious.

He suddenly felt worried but he didn't let her notice that in his voice. Anger is slowly boiling inside of him because of what she was saying but he chose not to explode. As much as possible, he didn't want to ruin his merry mood.

"What the hell are you talking about, Beatrice?" she laughed bitterly.

"I've been waiting for you for a long time already, Kellan. I am tired of waiting for you to give us your full attention. I've decided to go to the USA and raise Brett there. I am giving you the final decision this time, Kellan. If you will choose that woman over us then forget about Brett because I'll make sure that you will never see him again. If you want to see him and be with him, then come with us to the USA. Our flight is at 5 o'clock this afternoon. If you come here now, don't you dare bring that woman with you or else, you won't like what I'll do next" blood rushed to his brain as the anger he was feeling intensified even more.

His hand tightened around the cellphone as his veins on his neck almost burst out in so much anger that he was boiling inside of him. He wanted nothing but to yell at the woman because of how selfish she was but before he could even do that, she already ended the call.

"Damn it! You can't do this to me, Beatrice!" people around him were already staring at him but he couldn't care less about them because his mind was occupied by what Beatrice told him. Yes, he was so furious but the fear was there too. What if Beatrice would really do her threat and leave this afternoon with Brett?

He already did a lot of things and made a lot of sacrifices just to be with his son and he would never allow her to take away his son from him. He gritted his teeth in rage.