chapter 27

GAELLE sprang out of the bed and then hurriedly ran towards the washroom because of the urge to throw up. Thankfully, she got there on time. When she finished doing so, she felt like she lost all her strength because even though she couldn't throw up anything anymore, the urge to puke was still there. When she finally stopped and felt a little bit relieved, she washed her face.

She stared at her reflection in the mirror and she noticed that she looked pale. Hay...how many more days before her morning sickness would finally end anyway? Honestly, she was having a hard time dealing with it already.

When she finished drying her face with the towel, she went back to her bed and lied down again. She noticed that Kellan wasn't in bed anymore. He might've left for work already. Now, she understood why nobody followed her and comforted her at the washroom while she was throwing up a while ago because he wasn't in bed anymore and already went to the office.

Kellan was like that. If she woke up on the wrong side of the bed and wasn't feeling well because of her morning sickness, he would always stay beside her while rubbing her back to try to make her feel better. She closed her eyes when she suddenly felt like the room spin around in a fast motion.

If she wasn't feeling like that, she should've gotten out of bed and went downstairs right away when she woke up a while ago but she knew that she couldn't do that because of her current state.

After almost an hour of just lying on the bed, she finally felt better so she decided to get up and then went back to the washroom to brush her teeth and take her bath. After she finished taking her morning shower, she got dressed and then blow-dried her hair using the hair dryer. When she finished, she went downstairs and she saw Jillian eating her breakfast alone.

"Good morning, ate. C'mon, let's eat" she even stood up and pull a chair for her. Gaelle wanted to roll her eyes because of what her sister just did. Ever since they discovered that she's pregnant, everyone in their house began tending to her needs as if she was an invalid person. Even to the smallest things, they would help her out even though it wasn't really necessary. She wanted to complain because they were being too overacting in doing things when it comes to her but she just chose to zip her mouth and thank them for their efforts.

'Good morning too, brat" she sat on the chair that Jillian pulled for her, which was located beside her, and then put food into her plate. Then she started eating.

"Did mommy and Kellan left for work already?" she asked while eating with gusto. Thankfully, she finally felt fine after all she threw up crazily like that. Because of that, she felt so hungry. Well, how couldn't she not when she vomited all that she ate last night?

"Mommy just left just now, ate. Kuya left so earlier than her though" her eyebrows creased of what she heard.

"He left at what time?"

"Around 7 am, I think. Didn't he tell you that he would go out early today, ate? I woke up early this morning so I saw him left the house in a hurry. I asked him why he was in a hurry even though it was still so early for him to go to the office but he told me that ate Beatrice called him. I think, it's about Brett" Gaelle went silent because she didn't know what to say. She suddenly lost her appetite.

"Ate, are you okay?" her sister asked worriedly. She forced a smile.

"I'm okay, brat" she answered and then chugged down the water in her glass. She suddenly felt sulky and disgruntled. How couldn't she? Kellan didn't even have the decency of waking her up and inform her about it; that he wouldn't go to his work right away today because he would go to Beatrice's place first thing in the morning.