chapter 9

A/N: Hi guys! It's Friday again and that only means one thing, update time! LOL. Anyway, wish you all a happy weekend (while i on the other hand will work my a*s off until Sunday;( ).

"EAT QUICKLY because we're going to visit your lolo before we start our Baguio tour" their mother said to them. They were currently at the dining room, eating their breakfast together. Gaelle was still feeling so sleepy because she couldn't sleep properly last night. Because of that, her eyes were sore. This is Kellan's fault!

She threw a glance at Kellan who's currently eating his meal with gusto. But her eyes widened when he looked at her at the same time that's why their eyes met unintentionally. She was about to evade his gaze when he winked at her playfully. She felt like all her small hairs on her back and nape stand up because of what he did. She could feel her cheeks getting redder. Her lips pursed with annoyance. Jerk!

"Gaelle, are you okay? You look uneasy" Damn...

"I'm okay, mommy. Don't mind me" she answered and then looked down. This guy really is bipolar. Last night, he was so mad at her because he was jealous again but now, he even winked at her while grinning like crazy!

She heard a muffled laugh and when she looked at her sister who's just sitting beside her, she caught her snickering while observing her and Kellan.

"Why are you snickering like that?"

"Well, you and kuya are funny. But in fairness, you look good together" she whispered to her. She leered at her sister but she just chuckled at her. She shook her head and then decided to just finish her food.

WHEN THEY arrived at their grandfather's house, Kellan noticed that Gaelle was feeling uneasy. Their mother and Jillian already went inside the house ahead of them but Gaelle chose to be left behind so he decided to just wait for her.

"Are you okay?" she looked at his direction.

"I think it's better for me to just stay here" she said in a small voice when she spoke.

"And why's that? Don't you want to meet my grandfather?"

"I-It's not like that"

"Then, why?" he insisted on asking.

"What the heck, Kellan. You're so persistent!" she was about to walk away from him to go back inside the car when he stopped her by the hand.

"Let's go inside. They're waiting for us" He said firmly. He thought she would insist on staying outside but thankfully, she didn't argue with him.

When they arrived inside the luxurious house of his grandfather, their mother and Jillian we're already busy talking to his grandfather at the living room.

Kellan and Gaelle approached them hand in hand and then greeted his grandfather.

"Sinno dayta kadwam, apo'k? Nobiya'm?" his grandfather asked in Ilocano dialect while his eyebrows were creased. His grandfather is an Ilocano while his grandmother was from Manila. Kellan had been always spending his vacations here in Baguio ever since he was a kid that's why his grandfather taught him his native dialect.

(Who is she, apo? Is she your girlfriend?)

"Wen, lolo. Ngem sekreto pay la'ng" Kellan answered while grinning playfully.

(Yes, lolo. She's my girlfriend but it's a secret for now because she isn't aware of it yet)

"Apay ngay?"