Chapter 8

Jungkook shifted on his feet and rubbed the back of his neck, "Um, I didn't know how to bring it up. I had no idea how you would react, if you would even believe me since you didn't remember."

Taehyung shook his head, "Well, you should've told me anyway. I never want you to keep things from me, no matter how you think I'll react or feel."

"Yes, Mr. Taehyung."

Taehyung thought about correcting him, but he knew it would be no use.

Taking a deep breath, he sighed. "I'm tired. Pick out a random movie and put it in, I'm gonna sit down on the couch."

"Yes, sir." Jungkook went to look for a movie, finding a random one that looked pretty good, and put it in.

"Sir?"

"Yes?"

"May I sit and watch it with you?"

"No."

Taehyung felt the couch dip next to him and glared at the younger.

"Jungkook, in what language does no mean yes?"

"I have to sit here and protect you, Mr. Taehyung."

"Yes, because I need so much protection on the couch of my own house." Taehyung stated sarcastically.

"Yes, sir. That's exactly what I was trying to say," Jungkook looked at the TV, but Taehyung didn't miss his smug expression.

The two boys sat there and watched the movie for awhile until Jungkook saw Taehyung's eyes fluttering shut.

"Sir, you can lay your head on my shoulder if you'd like." Jungkook whispered gently to the older.

"No," Taehyung grumbled out and Jungkook sighed, focusing back on the movie.

A few seconds after, Jungkook felt a little weight on his shoulder. He turned his head and was met with Taehyung's hair.

"I'm just getting comfortable, this doesn't mean anything. Don't go getting any ideas and sit still."

Jungkook laughed. "I said be still," Taehyung reprimanded.

"Anything for you, sir." Jungkook couldn't keep the smile off his face.

When the movie finished, Jungkook lifted his master up and the older wrapped his legs around his butler's waist.

Wow, he must really be out of it. Jungkook thought, with a chuckle.

After taking Taehyung to his room and laying him in his bed, he made sure the older was completely covered with his blankets.

On the way out of the room, he saw a framed picture on the wall. It was a picture of Taehyung, his father, and his mother.

Jungkook barely remembered Taehyung's mother, but he didn't know why she wasn't there at the house with them.

Maybe I'll ask Taehyung about it tomorrow, Jungkook thought as he shut the bedroom door.

When he turned around he saw Taehyung's father leaning against the wall, staring at him.

"Um, sir. Is there something wrong?" Jungkook questioned.

"Do you like my son?"

Jungkook winced at his bluntness. In all honesty, it reminded him of himself.

"I'm going to be honest with you sir, because I've grown to respect you a lot. I've always felt a connection to Taehyung, even when we were children."

Taehyung's father stared at him without saying anything for a few moments, then finally, "I see. Well, I've always liked the idea of you with my son. In any case, take good care of him. I know he can be stubborn and a bit hard to understand sometimes, but he has a big heart."

"Yes, sir. I'll do my best to make him happy, even if he never returns my feelings, at least he'll be happy," Jungkook gave the older a genuine smile, signaling a silent promise.

Taehyung's father smiled, "Goodnight, Jungkook," he said as he turned and started walking towards his room.

Jungkook sighed, you never know what Taehyung's father is thinking, he thought, shaking his head.

As he was about to enter his room, he saw Yoongi walking towards him.

"Goodnight, Jungkook. Don't forget to set your alarm. Mr. Taehyung has plans to go somewhere tomorrow morning."

"Okay, thanks Yoongi. Goodnight."

Jungkook went inside his room and finally got to lay down, quickly falling asleep.

His sleep was interrupted minutes later, when he felt his bed dip next to him...

Sleep? What is sleep? - the bags under my eyes.
Did you see my bags? (^ー^)
hoping you get the reference lmao