Chapter 25

Today was one of those frustrating school days /:

●●●●●●●●

"Namjoon contacted me and told me something... something that I thought would make you hate me. He said that if I didn't quit working for your father and start working for him then he'd tell you..." Jungkook explained to a very attentive Taehyung.

"Well, what was this horrible thing you didn't want me to know?" The older questioned.

Jungkook cautiously took Taehyung's hands in his own, "Promise you won't hate me."

"Jungkook... please just tell me." The older shifted his gaze to the floor to avoid the anxious stare from his former butler.

Jungkook let out a shaky breath, "Alright. Namjoon told me that my parents... my parents were involved in planning your mother's death.." He carefully watched the older, trying to decipher his emotions. "I promise I didn't know."

"I hate you."

"What?..." Jungkook whispered, barely audible as his eyes glazed over. Seeing this, Taehyung quickly continued,

"I hate you for not telling me. For deciding it would be better to run away than face me with the truth. That was a coward move, but I understand why you did it even though it was the wrong decision."

The younger lowered his head, "I know and I'm sorry. I really am." He raised his head and locked eyes with the older. "Please forgive me. I'll tell you everything from now on, even if I think you won't like it."

Taehyung wrapped his arms around the younger's waist and snuggled into his chest, "I forgive you. If I'm being honest, I already knew about your parents involvement. My father told me not too long ago. I wouldn't blame you for something your parents did, Jungkook."

The younger laid his head on top of Taehyung's, enjoying the fresh apple scent of his hair. "So, basically what you're telling me is that I'm officially the dumbest person ever?"

Taehyung let out a breathy chuckle, "Yeah, pretty much." He pulled away and smiled up at the younger, "But you're my dumbest person ever."

Jungkook cringed, closing his eyes, "Taeee, that was so cliche." He opened his eyes and his mouth formed a bright bunny smile, "But I love it and I love you." He gave Taehyung a chaste kiss, caressing his cheek with his hand.

The older giggled, wrapping his arms around Jungkook's neck before leaning in and leaving a lingering kiss.

Jungkook leaned over and kissed the older's cheek before whispering, "Can I have the honor of being your personal butler again?"

Taehyung smiled, "I wouldn't have it any other way, but this time I order you to stay by my side. Never leave me again."

"Of course, Mr. Taehyung." Jungkook smirked cheekily before picking the older up and swinging him around in his arms while peppering his face with gentle kisses.

The younger sat down on the end of the bed with Taehyung on his lap. He tucked a piece of the older's hair behind his ear as he whispered,

"You're beautiful, you know that?"

Taehyung blushed as he looked down, but Jungkook wasn't having it. He gently placed his finger on the older's chin and lifted up until their eyes met again, pecking his lips lightly.

Mr. Kim busted in the room, smiling and completely unaware of his interruption. "Boys, pack your bags. I got a call and you're going on a little trip."

____

Sometimes I tell myself I'm going to eat healthier... then I find the hershey pie in my freezer 🙃