Chapter 15

"You have to be odd to be number one."

●●●●●●●

"What are you trying to say?" Taehyung asked slowly, scared of his butler's response.

"I'm saying that as much as it hurts me, I will distance myself from you if it will save your spot in your family business." Jungkook said lowly as he reached to caress his master's face.

Taehyung moved so the younger's hand couldn't touch him. "So what you're saying is that you'd rather end what's going on between us rather than do something about it? I'm the one whose inheritance is at stake and I'm trying to fight but you won't?"

"Tae, you know that's not what I mea-"

Jungkook was cut off by a door being thrown open and a way too happy Mr. Kim approaching. "Hey, boys. I need you both to accompany me to my personal suit store. We are going to need new suits for tomorrow's little business party. Your uncle insists that we go."

Taehyung rolled his eyes at the mention of his uncle. "He won't be going to the store with us, will he?"

"No he won't, so let's go." Mr. Kim said as he pranced off towards the door.

Taehyung didn't even spare a glance at Jungkook as he stood and followed his father.

The younger sighed as he too got up and followed them to the car. He saw Taehyung's father start to get in the driver's seat and stopped him.

"Mr. Kim, I can drive. That's part of my job, sir." He insisted.

"Oh, no. That's quite alright. I always drive myself, I prefer it that way." Mr. Kim gave him a small smile and nod of assurance as he sat down.

Mr. Kim unlocked the doors but quickly locked the passenger side door so his son couldn't get in. "Son, sit in the back with Jungkook."

Taehyung looked at his father, shocked and a little frustrated. "What? Why do I have to?"

"I am your father. I know what's best." The older said with a smile that screamed 'I'm in charge and there's nothing you can do about it'.

Taehyung lowered his shoulders and sighed. "Whatever," He mumbled as he took his seat in the back next to his butler who was watching him with weary eyes.

The older could feel his butler's gaze on him the whole drive but refused to give him the satisfaction of returning it.

Jungkook put his hand over his heart, feeling the slight ache. He was so upset with himself for hurting Taehyung's feelings after he had finally gotten the older to like him back. He was just trying to do the right thing, so his master could live the life he deserved.

Mr. Kim finally pulled up outside of his personal suit store and they all walked in, the two boys admiring the stores unique carpet patterns and shiny hardwood floors. The afternoon sun flowed in from the windows, lighting up the room.

"Hello, Mr. Kim!" A older man came running up, greeting them.

"Hey, Kai. I came to pick up the suits I ordered from you the other day." Taehyung's father explained as Kai nodded his head.

"I'll get them for you right away," Kai walked off towards the back as three girls came walking out. "Oh, Mr. Kim, my daughters came to visit me at work today."

Taehyung's father smiled at the girls, "Nice to see you all again."

Kai stepped out of the back for a second, "I'm so sorry. Mr. Kim, can you back here for a minute?"

"Of course, no problem." He said as he followed him to the back room.

The three daughters walked over to Jungkook, giggling as they couldn't hide their blushing.

"Hi, what's your name?" One of them asked the butler.

"Jungkook." He replied simply, wishing they would go away so he could have a talk with Taehyung in private.

"That's a cute name for a cute guy." Another girl said, reaching out to touch Jungkook's arm.

Cringe, Jungkook thought. Don't throw up. Do NOT throw up.

"Um...thanks?" Jungkook replied uneasily as his master finally spoke up.

"Jungkook!"

"Yes, Mr. Taehyung?"

"Quit talking to those girls. You're on the job." Taehyung rolled his eyes.

Jungkook's eyes lit up with realization and he smirked. "Your wish is my command, sir."

____

"In order to be unique, you must be different."