Chapter 2

'Hey Wajih.' - Amira.

Amira texted her soon to be ex-boyfriend.

     'Hey ABU student.' - Wajih.

     'Seriously? *rolls eyes*' - Amira.

     'How are you?' - Wajih.

     'Look, I don't have time for this chit chat. I honestly can't be in this relationship any more.' - Amira.

     'And why is that?' -Wajih.

     'I told you before about how you don't act like a boyfriend and you said you'd change. You didn't so I'm breaking up with you.' - Amira.

     'You can-'

     Blocked.

     Amira didn't have time to argue so she just opted for blocking him. They'd been together but she doubted he was ever serious about her. He even promised to get married to her and talked about her in his future, the names they'd give their children, everything.

     Everything felt so real to Amira. So true. She thought she had found her Knight in shiny armor, she just didn't know he was her nightmare.

     Wajih had graduated from her university even before she got in from the department of civil engineering and somehow, they met on Instagram before meeting in real life.

     Amira had begun to think she was destined to find her husband on Instagram because there was no way in hell she'd have anything to do with the guys that occasionally asked her out in school.

     To her, they still had a long time before making it in life and she wanted someone already made. She wasn't ready to marry an immature twenty two or three year old, rather she wanted older men and Hassan was just perfect. She just had to make him fall in love with her despite the ten-year age gap.

     She sighed when she thought of Wajih. He was supposed to come visit her in two days but it was pointless now. She really liked him but not that much to cry. If anything, she was thankful she didn't waste her time for much longer.

     Her phone rang and it was a call from Wajih. She declined the call and set her phone down. Another call came in and she declined. When the third one came in, she blocked him and sent all his calls to voicemail.

     Now by voicemail, it wasn't the regular 'hey I'm not available to pick your call, please leave a message'. Amira's voicemail was 'I'm not picking up because I don't like you, don't leave a message and I will not call you back.'

     "I finally broke up with Wajih." Amira told Hasna.

     "Thank God, now I'll rest." Hasna sighed.

     "Not yet baby girl, I have Hassan to gush over." Amira winked at Hasna who groaned.

     "Do you think of anything other than boys?"

     "Nope. I mean, what's life without boys? I just want to get married and give birth to beautiful babies." Amira sighed dreamily.

     "One day in shaa Allah, but for now read your goddamn books!" Hasna laughed.

     Ding.

     'Hey darling.' - Hassan.

     Amira's face beamed as she looked at her phone.

     'Hey.' - Amira.

     'How are you doing?' - Hassan.