Chapter 21

Hassan had gotten to Australia and didn't have the time to call Amira even though he wanted to. When her messages came in, he saw them but ignored them. He had more important things to do and he'd rather not spend his precious time listening to her bicker about unnecessary things. When he was settled, he'd call her.

     He gathered all his documents in a file and tucked the file in a drawer in his hotel room. He had spoken to a few agents about accommodation and was currently headed to see a few apartments that weren't far from the college.

     He had no reason to take a course but he just wanted to know a few things about psychology and take a break from work. More so, he needed to clear his head from all that had been happening lately.

     He ordered an Uber and when the driver got to his hotel, he gave him the address the agent had sent to him. It took about twenty minutes to get there. Hassan got down and paid the driver before walking to the reception of the apartment complex. The agent walked up to him and led him upstairs through the elevator.

     "This is a three bedroom apartment with all rooms en-suite and a kitchen."

     Hassan took a look at the apartment and shook his head. "Is the penthouse available?" he asked the agent.

     "Yes sir, but it'd cost you a lot more than the rent fee for this apartment."

     "Money's not a problem. Let me see it." The agent nodded and they took the elevator to the last floor.

     "I'm sure you'd like this." he spoke, leading Hassan into the penthouse.

     Hassan didn't need to look around, he knew he wanted it. After signing some papers, he transferred the money and asked for a cleaner to help clean the house before he returned later at night from the hotel.

     When he got to the hotel, he decided to call Amira since he was through with what he had to do.

     Beep beep beep.

     Amira's screen lit up with Hassan's face showing. She beamed and answered the call.

     "Hey babe? Where have you been? I was so worried and I thought you were ignoring me."

     "Why would I ever ignore you, love?" He smirked.

     "I don't know. Well, how are you? Are you settled yet?" She smiled, adjusting her earpiece.

     "I'm good. I just rented a penthouse, I'll be moving in later. Are you fine? And why do you have a lot of snacks on your bed?" He looked at her suspiciously.

     "I'm fine, and the snacks? I packed them because I'm not leaving this room until my mum gives me a ticket to America. She won't let me travel so I'll stay locked up in my room. She thinks she's stubborn, honestly she doesn't know me." Amira answered, rolling her eyes.

     "No offense but you're really stupid. Do you know how dumb you sound right now? And your mum? That's just disrespectful to actually lock your mum out of your room. Open the door and apologize to her." He shook his head in disapproval.

     "What are you saying Hassan?"

     "What I said! Call me when you apologize to her." And with that, he hung up the call.

     Amira's eyes were wide as she looked at her screen. Did he just hang up on her? She called him back and he didn't pick up. Hissing in annoyance, she sent him a text.

     'Will you pick up???' - Amira.

     'Apologized yet?' - Hassan.

     'No, and I won't.'- Amira.

     'Then don't call me.' - Hassan.

     'Are you serious right now?' - Amira

     'What I typed!' - Hassan.

     'Fine, I'll go now.'- Amira.

     'Yeah, take your phone with you because I'd love to speak to her.' - Hassan.

     'Seriously??' - Amira.

     'Yeah.' - Hassan.

     'Fine!!' - Amira.

     She tossed a candy in her mouth before getting up to open the door. When she got to her mum's room she was scared to knock because knowing her mum, she could slap her again.

     Mustering up all her courage, she pushed the door open and smiled nervously at her mum.

     "Why are you here?" her mum asked without looking up from her phone.

     "I'm sorry."

     "For?" Her mum cocked a brow.

     "Everything. The way I've been behaving these days, I'm sorry."

     "Hassan asked you to apologize right?"

     "What? No! I mean, yeah, kind of."

     "It's okay but just know I won't hesitate to slap you next time. And if you aren't careful, I'll call off your marriage with Hassan."

     "Mum I'm sorry, you don't have to."

     Her mum nodded and looked at the phone in her hand.

     "Your phone is ringing." She told Amira.

     Amira nervously picked up the video call and gave the phone to her mum.

     "Hello Hassan." Her mum smiled into the camera.

     "Hey mum, how are you?"

     Amira's mother held the urge to roll her eyes at his choice of words. Didn't his mother teach him how to greet his elders?

     "I'm fine. How's it over there?"

     "Great! I guess Amira apologized to you yeah?"

     "She did."

     "I'm really sorry mum but at times she acts like a child and it makes me wonder how I'm in love with her. Honestly she doesn't think before doing things so forgive her."

     "It's fine, thank you."

     "Alright, bye mum. I have things to attend to."

     "Bye bye."

     Amira collected her phone and was about to leave when her mum pulled her down. She looked at her mum questioningly.

     "Did you hear what he said?" her mum hissed.

     "What did he say?" Amira scrunched up her face in confusion.

     "You're so dumb that I wonder if I gave birth to you. You most definitely got your dullness from your father. As I was saying, Hassan indirectly called you stupid and said you acted like a child. If you don't grow up and stop being stupid, he will leave you. And you show him how much you love him a lot. Never let a man know you love him more than he loves you. He will take you for granted, that's if he hasn't already taken you for granted. Reduce the attention you give that Hassan guy and don't let it get to his head. He's a very handsome guy, and rich too. Girls will kill themselves to be with him and if you aren't careful, he will marry someone more mature. Now get out of my room!"