Chapter 4

"The sporophyll of the female cones have a lower bract scale and an upper ovuliferous scale..." The lecturer explained while the class took down notes.

"This class is so boring." The guy beside Amira mumbled.

"This is like the tenth time you're saying this. If the class is boring you, get out." Amira hissed, annoyed at him.

"Like you aren't tired." he hissed back.

She ignored him and kept on taking notes before her phone vibrated. It was a message from Hassan.

'Are you done with your classes?' - Hassan.

She smiled and peeked to see if her lecturer was looking. Seeing as she wasn't looking, Amira replied.

'Be done in an hour and thirty minutes, why?' - Amira.

'I miss you.' - Hassan.

'Me too.' - Amira.

'Where are you? I'll pick you up from class.' - Hassan.

'Z1.2, there's a parking lot just around the Zenith ATM gallery so you can wait there.' - Amira.

'Alright, see you soon.' - Hassan.

'Bye or my lecturer will send me out.' - Amira.

'Alright love.' - Hassan.

Love. That simple word. It was enough to set Amira's cheeks on fire.

"Care to share with us why you're as red as a tomato?" The lecturer raised a brow.

"My-my face is burning. I think I'm reacting to something. It gets really hot at times." Amira lied.

"I'm watching you." the woman said and continued with her lectures.

After an excruciatingly long time the lecturer dismissed them, not without giving them an assignment that was due the next day.

Amira walked out with Baathoul and Nafisah, the only people she could at least call friends in her department.

When they got to the entrance of the department, they sat down for a bit because Nafisah wanted to photocopy some materials and Amira could see Hassan leaning on his car.

"Look at that guy Amira." Nafisah gushed while Baathoul looked at him, a smile playing on her lips.

"He's my boyfriend and he actually came to pick me." Amira smirked.

"You wish." Nafisah rolled her eyes.

"Want to bet?" Amira raised a brow.

"We aren't betting, but we all know you don't know him." Baathoul shrugged.

Amira picked out her phone and texted Hassan.

'Hey, so my friends are gushing over you and I said you were my boyfriend. They didn't believe me so when I walk up, give me a hug?' - Amira.

'Lol, okay. But then don't freak out if I hug you a little longer;)' - Hassan.

'Lol, I won't. See you in a bit.' - Amira.

"Let's go, my boyfriend is waiting for me. We have somewhere to be at." Amira said, flipping the end of her chiffon veil.

"In your dreams." Nafisah rolled her eyes at Amira.

They walked towards the parking lot and immediately Hassan saw Amira, he walked over and pulled her into a hug.

"Hey babe." he said, kissing her forehead. Amira could swear she saw their eyes fall out.