Chapter 32

The next day, Amira did nothing around the house until 4:00pm. She got dressed in ripped jeans and a top, then tucked her iPhones in her shoulder bag and headed downstairs. Her dad was watching TV in the living room when she got down.

     Where are you going?" he asked her.

     "Out." she said without sparing him a glance and walked out. Her father followed her outside the gate where a black BMW i8 was waiting. The glasses were tinted so he couldn't see the person driving the car. Amira walked to the car and got in, then the person drove off. Her father thought of following her but before he would get the car, they would've gone far.

     He went back into the house angrily and called his wife downstairs to see what their daughter had become. She apologized to him and said she would talk to Amira.

     Meanwhile, Amira was busy enjoying herself that she didn't take note of what time it was. By the time she got home, it was 9:00pm. She banged the gate hard and when the gateman opened it for her, she staggered into the compound. She pushed the living room's door open and swayed left and right before spotting her father and mother sitting in the living room.

     "Hey dad, what's up man?" She giggled and slouched beside him. He pushed her down on the carpeted floor and scrunched up his nose. She smelled like cigarettes and alcohol.

     "Where on earth are you coming from?" he roared.

     "Whoa whoa calm down zaddy! Why do you sound like a uh-" She pretended to think for a while before adding, "-la la lion?" Her eyes beamed as she got the perfect word.

     Her father slapped her hard on the face and sat her up. Her mum came with a huge bottle of water to try to sober her up. After forcing her to drink all of the water, Amira staggered to the visitor's bathroom to throw up. When she went back to the living room, she picked up her shoulder bag and grinned widely at them.

     "Goodnight, love you both darlings." She giggled and went up to her room. She locked the door behind her and kept her bag on the bed. She stripped off her clothes and took a hot shower, then changed into her pajamas. Before she went to sleep, she called Hassan to tell him goodnight.

     The next day, she went out again and came back late at night reeking of alcohol and weed. Her father had asked the gateman to not let her out but she still found a way out. It went on for about a week before her father got tired.

     One night when she returned home, she headed straight to her room. On her way there, she overhead her parents talking so she leaned against the door and plastered her ear on it to listen in on their conversation.

     "I think it'll be better to get Amira married. With the rate at which she's going, she'll ruin her future." her father said to his wife. Amira smiled as she leaned in closer.

     "You're right. We can't watch her waste away her life." her mum agreed. "I think you should ask to see his parents tomorrow." she added.

     Amira tiptoed into her room and locked the door behind her, then plopped down on the bed. She fished out her phone and called Hassan.

     "Hey babe? What's up?" he asked immediately he picked up the phone.

    "It worked!" she said excitedly.

     "You're joking yeah?" he asked.

     "Like hell am I joking." she answered and rested her back on her fluffy pillow.

     "So what did he say?"

     "I overheard him telling my mum he'll see your parents tomorrow. I knew my plan was genius."

     Hassan chuckled before replying, "Right, we'll be expecting him. I'll tell my parents the good news."

     "Alright, see you tomorrow. Good night."

     "I love you." he told her.

     "I love you more." she whispered and hung up. A big smile was drawn on her face as she opened a picture of him, then placed the phone on her chest. Finally, she would have her happily ever after with the man she loved so much.

     She swiped through her gallery, looking at each and every picture of the both of them with a smile on her face. She even played some videos of them together before deciding to make a Flipagram video. She tried opening her Flipagram app but it wasn't working so she downloaded Lomotif that she found on her app store. After combining different pictures and videos, she added 'all I ever need' as the background song then sent it to Hassan.

     Hassan watched it with a smile on his face and felt lucky to have Amira in his life. She was all he'd ever need. He sent her a beautiful message and waited for her reply before eventually falling asleep. He fell asleep with a small smile playing on his lips.

     Amira reread his message and placed the phone on her chest again, smiling like a love sick puppy.

     "I love you Hassan, I don't know what I'd do without you." She smiled to herself and closed her eyes, letting his face fill her mind. She fell asleep with him on her mind and even had a dream of the two of them having a candle light dinner at her backyard. That was all she wanted, to be with Hassan. And finally, she could be with him forever.