Chapter 39

Maldives was the definition of paradise. With luxury bungalows extending over turquoise waters inviting you to jump in for a swim, sandy beaches and pure luxury, Maldives was a dream destination.

   Amira had expected them to just bask in the sun, sip mocktails and watch the sunset over the Indian Ocean, but when they arrived at the islands, they found out that there were more things to do in Maldives than they originally thought.

   They were in their room at the Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Hotels and were getting ready to go out. Hassan had suggested scuba diving but Amira wasn't really a fan of scuba diving so she suggested they went snorkeling instead.

   When they got there, the reefs were so pristine that they didn't need to go so deep to see a lot. They spent an hour snorkeling with turtles and watching a few colourful fish float with the tides.

   After snorkeling, they decided to go island hopping. Since they stayed at a private island, they had to go to the other communities to get the full experience. It was a Muslim community so they dressed modestly. They took a boat ride to Naalaafushe, a fishing village in the Maldives.

   They had lots of fun helping the fishermen catch fish. Amira had even told Hassan she would go fishing at the Usuma Lower Dam when they were back to Abuja. After hours of fishing, they went to Mule, another small island on the Maldives. At night, they retired back to their room and planned what they would do the next day.

   "So tell me babe, did you have fun?" Hassan asked Amira. She was nestled in his arms with a bowl of stir fried prawns on her thighs.

   "More than enough fun. I wish we could stay here forever." She picked up a prawn and fed it to Hassan.

   "Me too. What do you want to do tomorrow? I was thinking dolphin spotting and surfing at Cinnamon Dhonveli, then we can have a romantic sunset dinner. What do you say?"

   Amira grinned and stuffed some prawns in her mouth. "Sounds like fun."

   They finished eating the prawns and fell asleep in each other's arms. When morning came, they worked out together for about an hour with Amira ogling at her shirtless husband for the majority of their workout. Amira then took a shower before Hassan, then they had a nice breakfast of seafoods.

   By the time they finished eating, it was almost noon. They headed to Cinnamon Dhonveli to surf but Amira and Hassan had no experience at all so instead they went stand up paddle boarding. The view below their boards was beautiful, magical even. They watched how the little fishes swam underneath their boards. At a point, Amira bent over to pick one up but it slipped off of her fingers so she let it go. After a long time they retired to the sand and just lay there in each other's arms, basking in the sun.

   "When do we go dolphin spotting?" Amira asked, playing with his beards.

   "Soon, let's lay for a while longer then we'll head back to Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa."

   After a while, they rode back to Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa for their dolphin spotting and romantic sunset dinner. They set out in search of pods of dolphins and not long after, Amira spotted one. The other dolphins came along and put up a great show for them by flipping and twirling out of the water. Amira enjoyed every bit of it and by sunset, one of the staff set up a romantic dinner table on the upper deck of the boat.

   Hassan led her up to the top of the boat and pulled her chair out for her. The beautiful orange sky overlooked the crystal blue water, casting an orange glow on it. "This is beautiful Hassan." Amira smiled at him.

   "Not as beautiful as my queen." As he said that, a dolphin leaped out of the water and spy hopped before following beside the boat. The boat came to a stop and Hassan fed Amira a piece of prawn from the variety of seafoods on the table.

   "This is really delicious." Amira moaned. Then they ate in silence, savoring every bite as they enjoyed the scenery.

   After their meal, they went back to the hotel. From the corridor, red rose petals were littered on the floor all the way to the bedroom's door.

   "Is this a part of the package?" Amira grinned.

   "No, let's just say I added a little something." Hassan replied, resting his palm on the small of her back.

   They walked into the room which was now decorated with roses and candles. "This is the perfect definition of magical." Amira smiled.

   "Of course my queen, you only deserve the best things in life."

   She turned to him and flashed him a cute smile. He cupped her chin and leaned in to capture her lips in a slow, passionate kiss. She smiled into the kiss and pulled him in closer, ruffling his hair in the process. He slid his arm down her back and pulled her even closer by her waist. She let out a soft moan and opened her mouth, letting his tongue slide in. Their tongues danced in sync to the beat of their hearts.

   Slowly, he broke the kiss and pulled the zipper of her dress down, exposing her bare back.

   "Has-" He covered her lips in an even softer kiss, making her bite back a moan. Gently, he pulled her dress down, leaving her in her underwear. He kissed every inch of her skin, leaving no part untouched.

   The way he nibbled on her ear and kissed her neck left her gasping, wanting more of his touch. He picked her up and laid her on the bed before undressing himself.

   "I want to make love to you, show you what it's like to be made love to." he whispered in her ear, sending a jolt of excitement running through her spine.

   He closed the distance between them, locking her lips in his. He kissed her all the way down to her belly button and pulled her panties off with his teeth. She arched her back, making it easier for the panties to come off and slowly, he slid into her, letting her stretch to his size.