Chapter 1

Ri Hyo's P.O.V.

"Happy Birthday Noona!"

My brother sang as he walked into my room holding a cupcake with a candle on it. I looked up from my book then patted the spot next to me. He sat down then held the cupcake in front of me.

"You didn't have to," I smiled softly while putting my book down. He shook his head then smiled, "You're 20! We have to celebrate!"

I laughed as he started to sing happy birthday to me in a weird accent. I blew out the candle and then opened the wrapper.

"How did you manage to get a strawberry cupcake this early in the morning?" I asked and he shrugged, "I have my ways Noona."

I shook my head then took some frosting on my finger and poked his nose transferring some onto it. He pouted then tried to lick it away making me laugh.

"You're never gonna get it Jiminie."

He sighed then quickly took some frosting and put it on my nose.

"Park Jimin!" I said sternly making him hold in a giggle. We both ended up laughing leaving the frosting situation long forgotten.

I happily ate the cupcake and tried not to choke as Jimin kept making me laugh.

"Yah! Are you trying to kill me?" I asked after I finished the cupcake and Jimin smiled, "How did you know."

I grabbed my pillow and was about to hit him before his phone rang. He looked at the screen and sighed before answering it.

"Yes, what is it?" Jimin asked and it was quiet for a while before his face fell, "What! I thought I had a day off!"

Jimin's pouted after ending the call making me drop my pillow, "What is it Jimin?"

"I have to go in and talk to my choreographer," He pouted and I smiled, "It's okay! You have to go!"

Jimin looked at me and frowned, "You're not mad?"

"No, you worked so hard Jimin. You deserve to debut so I'm not going to hold you back," I said and he smiled, "Thank you Noona!"

He kissed my cheek then quickly left the room to go to his company building. I sighed then looked down at the cupcake wrapper in my hands. Now I'm all alone on my birthday... I shook my head then got out of bed then wore a warm outfit. An oversized cream sweater, my black leggings, and my Adidas. I walked out of the apartment making sure to lock the door behind me.

After about a 10 minute walk, I got to my favorite little cafe. The door chimed as I opened it and I smiled at the unfamiliar man at the register.

"One hot cocoa please," I asked softly and he nodded, "It'll be ready in a few minutes."

I sat down at the table and looked outside the window. A few minutes later, the man from the register sat across from me and handed me my drink. I raised an eyebrow and looked up at him, "Who are you?"

He shrugged, "Just a person named Yoongi I guess, who are you?"

"Just another person named Ri Hyo," I smiled softly then looked at my drink, "Don't you have to be up at the register?"

He shook his head, "I don't actually work here."

"Ahh, you didn't look familiar to me. I know all the people that work here," I said and he laughed, "I guess I wasn't blending in enough."

We laughed and kept talking for a while until I got a phone call. I smiled and quickly answered it.

"Noona!"

"What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be practicing?"

"I am! But I sneaked my phone just to call you! I'm really sorry..."

"It's okay, I promise. Don't feel bad and go back to work, okay?"

"Yeah... I love you Noona."

"Love you too."

I smiled and hung up. Yoongi suddenly spoke up and asked, "Who was that?"

"That was my little brother," I smiled then sighed and he took notice, "What's wrong?"

"It's my birthday today and my brother had to leave to do some important stuff," I ranted and he softly smiled before standing up, "Well, I'm free. Let's go do something!"

I was about to deny but he quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me up from my chair then dragged me out of the cafe.