Chapter 3

Clementine's P.O.V

After a few moments of being lost in thought and grief, I hear little footsteps behind me.
Aj is rubbing sleep out of his eyes, rushing towards us both.

"Why didn't you wake me up"?
He says practically snoozing.

"Sorry kiddo, I had to check on the other's to see how everyone is doing" I say smiling at my boy.

"Oh"..."Thanks for carrying me last night Louis" He says smiling.

"No problem little dude"
"You were nearly tumbling over yourself".

Aj giggles, following Louis messing with his hair playfully.
Until Aj grunts, wincing with his little hands on his stomach.

"Aj"?  "What's wrong?" My eyes widening in worry.
Shit, I hope it isn't his wounds, I would have thought they had healed up by now.

"Hungry"...He says simply.

Thank God.

We both are silent, I desperately try to come up with a solution thinking on my feet.

"I'm going hunting then". Louis says.

"By yourself"?
"No chance prince charming".

"Aj, could you tell Ruby that we are going out". Louis says.

"But I want to come with you both" "I can be useful".

I kneel down to his level and place my hand gently on his shoulder.

"Sorry goofball but it could be dangerous, we need the food and me and Louis both need to be very focused, besides you have a very special mission".

"What's that"?

"Your on look out" I say proudly.

"Clem that's so lame I always go on look out and patrol"! He whines.

"Are you kidding, it's pretty hard job to do little guy"!
"As part of team fun we need a lookout" "And we all know who that is". Louis says winking and Aj.

Aj suddenly gets a little too excited, hopping up and down on the same spot, grinning like an absolute goofball, he rushes of futher into the yard to find Ruby.

I also grin like a total idiot at Louis, he then winks at me, my heart melting in glee, how is he so perfect?

"Mission Accomplished".

I roll my eyes to the back of my head at his dumb remark, Louis will always be Louis. My frivolous, absurd agitator.

Wait, is he mine?

A few hours later

Me and Louis have now been walking towards the river, hoping there will be fish caught in the traps we made, he didn't think my idea was the best one due to the fact the traps have been fucked with by that asshole Abel, but who knows, we haven't seen any rabbits or deer yet.

"When we get back, I think we should go over the whole Abel situation".

"Don't worry, I'l figure something out" He says, looking down at the ground.

"Were in this together Louis, you don't have to make all the hard decisions"-

"You don't get it clem, there's only three of us now protecting the school" He says interrupting me.

"Last time I checked there were six of us".

"Clem Ten isn't in the right state to stage a rescue, neither is Willy or Aj". "Its just you and me, and Ruby".