Chapter 18

Louis's P.O.V

I see her. Clementine. My girl is pale. So, so pale. As Chester closes the yard door behind her, she comes towards us, limping, I see a faint cryptic smile form in the corners of her mouth. But just as I though everything was usual, her smile disappears into nothing. I notice her knees shaking, I rush over without a seconds thought, catching her in my arms, I hold onto her tightly, not letting her go, my hand tracing over her smooth beautiful face, my other hand tracing up and down her body, checking for any abnormalities, I am terrified. Frantic. Paralysed.

"SOMEONE HELP"!!! I scream over to the others, kneeling on the floor, I pull a loose strand of hair out of her face. I hear everyone's footsteps coming our way.

"Clementine"?! Violet cries, also kneeling down and pressing her hand over her forehead gently.

"Oh my god"! Genevieve whimpers, head in her hands.

"Robbie go over there for a minute baby boy". Tanya obligates, shielding Robbie from the chaos.

"We need a guard". Ash states

"No fucking shit Sherlock"! Tanya swears.

"You should watch your language around your little one". Ash spits back

"Oh fuck off...".

"Technically Robbie isn't with us here-"

"Can somebody please help"!!! I shout, interrupting Genevieve.

I suddenly feel Clementine squirm beneath me, I feel her warm hand touch mine, intertwining her fingers with mine, my heart melts.

"wh...where..."?

"Shuuuu...It's okay ". I whisper, strocking my fingers through her hair.

"louis...I'm so sorry-"

"It's okay".
"I'm here, I'm here".
I say lovingly pausing at each word, reasuring her.

"Let's lay her down". Minnie says

Kneeling down, I pull her closer towards my body and lift her up, I hear her grunt in pain. It just breaks my heart to hear her in distress, I would rather me dropping to the floor before her.

"Il grab some blankets". Aasim offers, Omar followig him towards some metal shelves where they kept pillows and blankets and such.

Our beds were covered with a metal shelter, they weren't comfortable, but so much better then those shitty cell beds that felt like shards of glass, at least the bunkbeds had pillows and we had blankets.

I settle her gently down on our bed, Aasim amd Omar passing us blankets, I wrap them around her.

"Drink". I say, grabbing a bottle of water Omar saved by filling empty bottles scattered around the outside yard to collecting water from the rain they got a few days ago. Taking her hat off and safely putting it on the side, knowing it meant a lot to her, my hand travels to the back of her head, supporting her, she begins to guzzle down the bottles contents.

"When she feels better we should have a look on her". Gen says.

Clementine begins to cough a little, I quickly pull the water bottle away.

"Shit, sorry". I could be so lost in the clouds sometimes...

"No"..."I'm- Fine". Clem blurts out, of course none of us were convinced.

"Clem I know you your not fine".
Gen exclaimed.

"You two have known eachother for two days"...Minnie scoffs