Chapter 28

Louis's P.O.V

As soon as we began walking towards the south evading the herd that was now poaring into Delta's.
The whole town was on fire.
The remaning guards that the children managed to flee were All Dead.
As for the children, they parted. Setting out together to find their Home. Their Families.
And Us?
We were going back to Ericssons.

Our hopefull jouney back was Exhilarating.
I couldn't keep my eyes away from the others.
There were SO happy.
On our way back Robbie couldn't stop asking questions about Ericssons. He was practically buzzing around us all in excitement and zest, giggling in winsome as Omar caught him, pulling him up to his shoulders, Robbie letting go as he effortlessly fell backwards draping himself over his back carelessly.
But what caught my eye was Clementine. As the sun set we were just outside the old safe zone, her face was glowing amidst the rays of sunshine radiating through the emerald pines. Her beautiful curls flawlessly swaying over her face.
After all we've been through. The past month in despair and fear. But since the first second I saw her. I knew.
I've been waiting my whole life for her.
And when I close my eyes.
All I see is her.

"We close yet"? Genevieve asks, snapping me out of my amorous thoughts.

"We're very close". Violet declares, holding onto Minnies hand. That's when I noticed.
Minnie looked sad...

"Minnie-"
Immediately Violet shakes her hand, indicating me to stop talking.
What happened?

I feel a hand intertwining with mine. I look down to see my girl smiling entincingly up at me. My heart starts to palpitate, making my body begin to scorch.
Leaving me with utter, Hot, Temptation.

Before I got too 'Excited'...
We have Finally arrived home.
Finally.
Walking towards the gates, the heart continued to thump.
I couldn't wait to see my little buddy.

"My god"..."Were back". Minnie mumbles under her breath. Astonished to be home.

"You gonna be okay"? "Do you need to-"

"Whatever". "I don't give a shit about that Vi". "All that matters is that we made it safely". Minnie bothered, interrupting her girlfriend.
Was it about Marlon?
That the last time she was here he gave her away...I wouldn't blame her for being upset.

Arriving at the gates. We couldn't see anyone on watch until Willy came forward. Gun in hand.
He looked like a changed boy.
He looked Liable.

"HOLY SHIT RUBY"!!!!!!!!!!
He screams, running away from plain sight hysterically.

The front gates promptly open. Making us all smile genuinely.

Straight infront we see Willy, Ruby and Rosie running towards us.

"OH MY GOD"! Ruby gaped, astounded by our sudden presence, throwing herself at Clementine in an expeditious way.

"Where-How-Who are-"
She frantically stammers, shaking her head in confusion as she gazes at our new family members.

"Woah calm down Ruby we're back now". Clem smiles, amused at her panicked state.

"RUBY"!