Chapter 23

This Chapter will be pretty dark, I'm not going to lie. The next 2 chapters are going to be the main source of the Delta Children's uprising agaisnt Bates and the other adults.
This will be the last chapter where I write about Abuse.
In all honesty I don't like writing about attempted rape but it is a key element to the anger that will enrage the teens to fight back.
So WARNING for anyone that is triggered by this ⛔.

Louis's P.O.V

It has been a few days since the War, the Kingdom practically massacred the Deltas, about fifty children were killed in the attack, and twenty adults. We barely won.
Well...they barely one. I do not count myself as one of those homicidal assholes. At least our people survived. Violet and Minnie were forced to help them fight, neither one of them shot a bullet. And it turned out that Gen had reached out to a few of her people and she stayed in their care, even Ashton got out alive. Since the attack everyone has been cleaning up debris and shit left over from the War, this morning every face I turned to was long, sad and confused. I think people were starting to wake up. I had a strange feeling burrow under my skin, as something real bad was gonna happen...

"Hellooo earth to Louisss"!

"Huh"? Turning around from my station to glance at Aasim, trying to get my attention.

"We've run out of nails, Omar went to get some more across town". 

"Oh right, okay"...

"What's wrong Louis"? Robbie's innocent voice asks, beaming his little head up at me.

"Nothing little guy I'm just...I don't know". I try and explain, smiling at him.

"You don't have to worry about Clementine, Tanya told me she knows what she's doing and that she's the strongest out of all of us". He smiles sweetly.

"Tanya said that"? Aasim looking dissapointed, his expression making me chuckle.

"You gotta admit Clem's way cooler than you bud". I tease

"Shut.up". Aasim mumbles annoyed, crossing his arms, Robbie now in a little giggle fit.

"How y'all doing"? Asha asks, next to her side is Jill, very noticeable bags under her eyes, looks like she hasn't slept in days.

"We're fine, thank you". I appreciably responde.

"How's your arm"? "Jill told me you got shot in the cross fire".
Coming my way to inspect it, I begin to laugh internally when I notice Jill roll her eyes in disgust.

"Yeah it's fine now Clementine fixed me up".

"Oh...your girlfriend right"?
She spits with disgust in her voice, trying to not make it obvious that she hates her and not doing a good job in hiding it.

"Yeah she's so nice"! Robbie beams out in pure happiness.

"i'm sure...she is". She stammers with much effort.

"Asha we have to check the south breach". Jill says determined

"Why don't you check it while I watch these three".

The face Jill pulled was priceless.

"Excuse me"? She says annoyed

"Now". "Jill".

"Don't be suprised when Bates kicks you up the ass for slacking off"! She spits in her face, turning her heels towards the door.