Voting

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

On the same day that we came back at night, Bella and Edward came and said we needed a family meeting. They haven't yet told us what it was about but after what happened with the Volturi I have my assumptions, and my assumptions have never failed me before.

I stood beside a slightly tense Rosalie looking over at Bella and Edward waiting to see what they were about to say. She's been feeling guilty over the fact that she told Edward about me and Alice going to check on Bella. She blames herself for nearly getting Edward killed.

"You all know what I want. And I know how much I'm asking for." As Bella spoke I looked back at Edward who was watching Bella with a pained look. I knew he didn't want this for her, we all knew.

"The only thing that I can think of for it to be fair is to just vote."

Edward speaks up right after Bella."You don't know what you're talking about." Bella looked back at Edward like she was absolutely done with him about this topic. She definitely didn't like the fact that Edward was against her becoming one of us and didn't want to hear more reasons as to why she shouldn't become a vampire from him.

"Shut up." Bella's answer made Edward roll his eyes even if he was right in this. She didn't know what being a vampire was like. She doesn't know the pain she will feel every time she sees a human for the first couple of her newborn years. Hell, even after she's no longer a newborn vampire and she will just try to live the vegetarian lifestyle it will be hard. It's like the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater, how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe, and finally when you take in air and the anxiety subsides... that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

"Alice." Alice started to walk in Bella's direction with a huge smile on her face when she heard Bella say her name.

"I already consider you my sister." The two hugged which didn't surprise me at all. Alice right after Edward was the person who liked Bella the most from the beginning.

"Yes." The two pulled away and stepped down the stairs.

"Thank you."

"I vote yes. It would be nice to not want to kill you all the time." A small smile appeared on my face as I looked down finding Jasper's answer quite funny.

"I'm sorry." I looked up over at Rosalie with a sad smile knowing what she was going to say.

"I'm really sorry to both of you how I've acted. And I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to go and save my brother. But this isn't a life I would have chosen for myself. And I wish that there had been someone to vote no for me. So, no." I gently rubbed Rosalie's arm, I knew why she voted for no, I would have if I were her too.

"I vote hell yeah." As he said that Emmett grabbed Bella twirling her around and making her laugh.

"And we can pick a fight with these Volturi some other way." Next in line to speak was Esme and we all knew what her answer would be.

"I already consider you a part of the family. Yes." I looked over at Carlisle to see him walking closer to Bella while looking at Edward. From the look on Edward's face, I can already tell his vote won't be something he would like.

"Why are you doing this to me? You know what this means."

"You've chosen not to live without her, which leaves me with no choice. I won't lose my son." Everyone looked over at me waiting for me to decide. They probably didn't know what my choice would be. Edward looked at me with a pleading expression, I know he didn't want to vote yes just as well as Bella wanted me to.

I look over at Edward before looking over at Bella with a tiny smile.

"I'll be honest with you Bella, I honestly don't know what to say. I know what you mean to my brother and I know that if you ever died it would mean he would too and I don't think I would survive that. I'll never be able to thank you enough for making my brother happy again by loving him." Bella smiled after hearing this but I wasn't finished just yet.

"On the other hand, I know what it's like to be a vampire and you don't Bella. Just because I wasn't angry with the fact Carlisle changed me it wouldn't mean I would have done that to myself. You won't feel the same after you're changed Bella and your body will feel dead, you'll be dead and every time you will want the taste of blood you will have a piercing pain in your throat, especially when you're a newborn." The second part of my answer seemed to have made Bella lose her smile and her confidence. 

"So what I'm trying to say is I'm not going to vote because I don't believe it's for me to help you decide. It's your life, you should choose how to live it. Whether that being a human or a vampire." In the end, my vote really didn't matter, even if I did vote no it would have been outnumbered.

You have a choice. A single choice, whatever that choice may be, you have to live with the consequences it brings. That's all. A choice...

Authors Note

And New moon is over! And Eclipse is on its way!

Are you surprised by Natalia's vote?