The Reason

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

New Orleans 1965

The pair is lying on the roof of Ace's apartment block with Natalia staring dreamingly at the stars as Ace lovingly watches her. She reminded him of every good day he's ever had. Every summer spent in fields of grass. Every sunrise. Every sunset. She tastes like vanilla and smells like roses. And when she speaks all he ever hears is someone slowly plucking the strings of a guitar, a sadly beautiful song starting to play, all his own.

And he loves her.

"Go away with me." Those four words made Natalia's peaceful eyes widen taken back by what he just said. Did she hear him right? The blonde moves her face so now her gold eyes are staring right into his red ones. The gaze that he held made her realize she heard him right.

"What?" The boy moves closer to the girl putting his hand under her chin.

"According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate beings, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves. And now that I found you I'm never letting you go. So let's leave, just you and me. I'll play the guitar and you'll dance beside the bonfire." A smile made itself on the girl's face, she could already imagine the long nights they would spend having the time of their lives, and the countries they would visit.

"Just you and me? I like the sound of that.." Ace grinned excitedly and crashed his lips into hers. Every time the two kissed it made them feel alive again. It felt like the kiss was giving them back their souls, each was stronger and more passionate than the last one.

Natalia pulled away and looked at Ace with her eyebrows furrowed. "What about my family?" She couldn't just leave them like that. But the grin that never left Ace's lips meant that he had already figured it out.

"Don't worry Love, I have it all figured out. I went to your family yesterday and asked them all if we could leave together. Of course, Alice, Esme, Carlisle, Emmett, and Jasper were okay with it, the boys teasingly tried to scare me but they were happy about it. The only ones that weren't okay with it were Rosalie and Edward." Natalia's eyes widened scared, she could only imagine how Edward and Rosalie reacted to this, their strong temper was something they were known for. Ace peaked Natalia's nose never letting the grin fall.

"But of course that didn't stop me, I sat down with them and told them I'm going to take you anyways, so they can either be okay with it or not." Natalia rolled her eyes and playfully hit Ace's chest making him laugh.

"Don't worry in the end they said as long as you're happy they're happy. They just told me to make sure you call them." Natalia squealed happily and threw herself into his arms making him laugh as he hugged her back. Natalia lifted her head with wide eyes as she looked down at him.