♤|11|♤

"Why must I attend such thing ?" (Y/n) complained. "It's far too annoying to even be there. I have work to do for goodness sake !"

"Come on now mistress , no need to act so juvenile. It's only a party" Sebastian said at her door. "It's King Sohma's party. I thought you enjoyed his company"

"I do , but..." (y/n) buried her face. "Seeing his son , Prince Sohma II ... He's damn annoying !" She exclaimed.

(Y/n) remembered times when she and Prince Sohma II met. The boy was 10 years older than her , but it doesn't stop him from bugging her. At times when he would visit , Prince Sohma II would annoy her in her work...

"I understand ... Poor king Sohma. Expecting to see a family friend and all..." Sebastian said with pity in his voice.

(Y/n) then gave a heavy sigh. "Fine  ... Because you guilt-tripping is much more annoying than him" she then let Sebastian come in.

■■■■■

(Y/n) and Sebastian are at the front yard as Margaret watches them leave.

"We'll be back tomorrow morning. I expect the mansion to be in good condition by the time we return" Sebastian said to Margaret. The maid nods in response.

Before (y/n) goes inside the carriage , she spoke. "Margaret , do what you can to guard this place. If they shoot , you can go wild. Just clean up after"

Margaret grinned. "Yes , mistress" she bowed.

As (y/n) settles in inside , Sebastian takes the reigns and leaves the mansion to King Sohma's Party.

It was only a 1 hour trip to where the party was held , only if they took a shortcut. Though the shortcut was dangerous route , but (y/n) knows she's safe with Sebastian.

As they finally passed the dark and mystic forests , (y/n) couldn't help herself but be in awe in the tranquility of it. She even wonders why people fear this place. She heard rumors that fairies , elves and pixie roam this forests. But never really believed it, probably because they came from cowardly farmers.

As she watches out the window , she sees a silhoutte of a man along with 2 shinning lights. She looked in disbelief , she must be seeing things. As she looked again , the figure was gone. She decided to not make it a big deal. But she was curious , she then decided to ask Sebastian about it later.

They were then out of the forest and near the party. It was a garden party , nobles were there chatting with each other.

Sebastian the parked the carriage and helped his mistress down the carriage.

"Ah , if it isn't the lovely (y/n) Phantomhive and her butler , Sebastian..." King Sohma said as he approached her. He had slight bitterness in his voice when he pronounced the butler's name. "I am glad you've arrive at such short notice"

"Any thing for you King" (y/n) said sweetly to him. "After all , you are one of the family's closest friends".

It's true King Sohma's time as a prince , he had establish quite a friendship with the Phantomhives. He was even invited during Ciel and Elizbeth's wedding. When (y/n) was born , he would mostly visit and take care of the infant. He would always find time to play with her.

(Y/n) has a soft spot for the king , and doesn't deny it. He was one of the few people she grew attach to. But the only problem is , he has started bearing ill-will to Sebastian when he found out who he was.

"Anyways , there are people I would like you to meet" King Sohma said as he pulled (y/n) into the party. Sebastian attempted to follow but a bunch of maids surrounded him.

"Oh if it isn't the Phantomhive butler"
"My , he is quite dashing"
They swoon over him.

(Y/n) grinned at the situation her butler is in. He must've gotten a reputation.  "I'll be fine Sebastian , why don't you socialize with the other servants" she said.

"Yes , my Lady" he said.

(Y/n) then began on chatting with King Sohma and other nobles. Although (y/n) is aware that some of them are talking behind her back , she just decided to let this slide for King Sohma. Although , she noticed something was strange.

"King Sohma , strange... I haven't seen the prince around" (y/n) she spoke even though she is greatful he wasn't around.

"Is someone looking for me ?" And that is when (y/n) regretted it. A young man charges towards (y/n).

"Oh no..." She muttered and attempted to run but it was to late.

Prince Sohma II then wrapped his arms around (y/n ) tightly and cuddle her up. "Oh my little sweet (y/n) , how I am so happy to hear you were looking for me !!! I thought you never cared for me but your were just shy to express your feelings. How adorable !!!" the prince squaled and comically cried his eyes out.

(Y/n) struggled to break free from the prince's clutches. "L-let ... me ... go ! I ... can't breathe ... S-Sebastian !" She called out her butler's name.

At the same moment her butler arrived , he placed his hand on the prince's shoulder and gave his signatre smile. "Excuse me dear prince but as you can see my mistress is struggling ... and it is improper to pounce on a lady".

The prince knows what he's dealing with and lets go of (y/n). Sebastian pulls her into his chest. "F-fine ... I was only showing how much I love herrr !!!!!" He then winked at her.

'He and Grell could be great friends' The butler and the mistress both thought at the same time.

King Sohma arrived and chuckled at the scene. "My , such a lively boy. Am I not wrong Agni ?" He turned to his faithful servant.

"Indeed" nodded the servant.

"Anyways ... I would like to speak with you in private (y/n)" the king said in a serious tone. "Only you..." he pointed out.

(Y/n) agreed , he then lead her to a private place. A gazebo far from the crowd.

"What is it you want to talk about King ? It should be really classified that you only allowed me and not my butler" she said.

King Sohma looked at her straight in the eye...

"I want to talk about ... Your Father Ciel"