♤|40|♤

"Huh ? What?" (Y/n) was confused as she rose from her slumber. "W-where am I ?"

"Good morning mistress"

(y/n) looked on the right side of the bed to see Sebastian , along with one of the old maids Paula.

"Sebastian" she mumbled , still confused. "What happened ? After the funeral I-"

"You passed out" Paula was the one who finished. "After you wailed during your grandfather's funeral you lost consciousness and got sick"

"I-I have ?" She then remembered what happened that day. "I guess after blacking out , my memories of it became blurry... Maybe it'll come back to after this mild head ache of mine is gone. Why is my body sore though ?"

She tried to stretch her joints and hop out the bed. But Sebastian stopped her. "Mistress , you've been unconscious for 3 days" he informed her.

(Y/n) was surprised. "3-3 days ?!" She gasped. "I wasn't that sick"

"Well , you were gravely exhausted..." Paula responded" Then you cried under the pouring rain. You may have a stronger immune system than your father , but it doesn't mean you are a superhuman"

(Y/n) had nothing else to say about it. At the same time , the door opened , it was none other than Edward.

"M-my Lord" Paula was surprised by the sudden entrance of the new Marquee of the Midford family.

"Edward ..." (y/n) said surprised.

"(Y/n) , I want to have a chat with you" He said. "In private" he looked at Sebastian and Paula.

Paula bowed. "I will take my leave" she then left.

"Don't worry Sebastian" (y/n) reassurred her butler.

"As you wish Mistress" Sebastian then left leaving the 2 alone.

As they are finally alone , Edward took a seat on the chair beside (y/n)'s bed. (Y/n) felt the awkward tension in the air. She didn't know  what her uncle is planning , but she isn't surprised if he vents out his depression on mocking her. Whatever he has to say , she was in no mood to talking back to him. His insults are pointless now since her grandfather's gone...

"I'm sorry" Those were the first words that Edward spoke. (Y/n) was surprised by this. Did she mishear him or something ? Did Edward , her uncle apologize to her !?

"(Y/n) I'm sorry ..." He said in an apologetic tone. "I've been very harsh on you eversince .. My sister died. Her death changed me , hatred fueled my heart. It was filled with hatred towards you and to Ciel"

(Y/n) was speechless.

"Your Grandfather did his best on trying to loose this anger I have ... It blinded me , it even caused a rift between me and my children. I craved to see you suffer , to return the pain your father gave to me. But now , I realized how stupid it is. It had to be another person's death to change myself again ... I guess he really managed to loose the anger I had" he then looked into the distance.

"Do you think forgiveness is easily given ?" (Y/n) finally spoke. Edward looked at his niece , regret and sadness in his eyes. He took a deep breathe and spoke once again.

"I know it won't be easy for you to forgive me-"

"Bold of you to assume that I'll ever forgive you" (y/n) interrupted. "Stop with this pitiful talk , its out of character for you. Stop showing remorse , as if I'm someone who you scarred... Those mockery , those insults , the neglect... It made me stronger. If it weren't for it , I might have been weak and vulnerable. A trait that no Phantomhive should have"

"(Y/n)..." This time its Edward's turn to be surprised.

"What you did to me , I didn't see it as something that will drag me down. Rather- something that will push me foreward" (y/n) spoke sternly. "If you really wish to atone for what you have done , then be the greatest head of the Midford family and the House of Knights. Surpass my Grandfather , your father , surpass... Alexis Midford !"

Edward didn't expect that this will be (y/n)'s response. She is in fact , a very different person. She is only similar to one , and that none other than Ciel Phantomhive. He can see Ciel just by looking at (y/n). But rather feeling hatred , he felt proud to hear those words coming from (y/n).

'Ciel afterall is respectable' Edward thought , a smile formed on his lips.

"Eh ? What are you smiling on about ?" (Y/n) asked , now confused on her uncle.

Edward shook his head. "Its nothing , I just find you somewhat very special. Edgar's very lucky if you'd reciprocate his feelings" he noted.

Hearing the last part made (y/n) blush. "Th-that is irrelevant to the subject at hand !" She exclaimed.

Edward gave a little chuckle on his niece's actions. He regretted missing the opportunities having these simple yet happy moments with his niece. If he never harbored any ill-will against her , things might have been different ...

"This isn't the only reason why I wanted to talk to you" Edward spoke once again.

"Huh ?"

"Do you recognize the room we are in ?" Edward asked.

That is when (y/n) realized where she is ... She looked around , the furniture was old , some decorations missing. The colors of the room faded. But even with the drastic change over the course of the years that passed , she still knows whose room she is in.

She started to tear up once again, but not in sadness ... It felt like she was happy , mixed emotions swelled inside her.

Edward smiled softly and patted her shoulder. "Your Grandfather wanted you to be here ..."

"Mother's room ...."

■■■■■■■

Another chapter done !!!!!

Soooo , this arc will be ending very very very very soooooonnnn.

No - not the story ! Only the arc ! Their will be more to come !!!!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♤♤